Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > Dragon Age

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 24/12/09 17:08
You can get this game dirt cheap now, already half price and its only been out for a month. If any of you have a PS3 go import Demon souls, found it far more fun than Dragon Age. Doesn't have much of a story but the gameplay is much better and challenging.
Grunge > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (551) > 24/12/09 19:29
Aleo wrote:
You can get this game dirt cheap now, already half price and its only been out for a month. If any of you have a PS3 go import Demon souls, found it far more fun than Dragon Age. Doesn't have much of a story but the gameplay is much better and challenging.

This sums up Demon's Soul well ! : D
Fans glory to the Gladiators,
Gods glory to the Heroes.
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 24/12/09 22:50
oh and btw no one can resist the dwarf!

Laughed so hard seeing the fade to black followed by my char half naked and (still) covered in blood.
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 09/01/10 19:02
Meh saw this thread like waaayyyyyy too late. Already @ my 4th playthrough of the game (finished it with Dalish Elf, Dwarf Noble, Human Noble), having done basically all the achievements that matter (all endings, sided with basically all available factions on different playthroughs etc). Most of what I'd say has already been mentioned, Bioware made a step in the right direction, yet there are still quite a few things to improve in terms of balancing and character development. We'll see how it goes in Awakening and of course DAO 2 (in some years when it is released, it's supposed to be a trilogy, ME style).

Btw this is my Bioware social network profile, if anyone wants to add me Wink
Next on the list, Mass Effect 2, I guess :p
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 09/01/10 23:43
My biggest gripe with the game is how much more powerful mages are compared to the other classes. I don't see any 4man parties beating wynne, morrigan, mage warden and random tank.
Grunge > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (551) > 10/01/10 01:27
darchon wrote:
My biggest gripe with the game is how much more powerful mages are compared to the other classes. I don't see any 4man parties beating wynne, morrigan, mage warden and random tank.

I can see Wynne, Morrigan, Mage PC, 4th mage edited into the game beating that setup. : d
Fans glory to the Gladiators,
Gods glory to the Heroes.
Lenko > Frequenter (367) > 10/01/10 04:49
yeah, pretty much what im gonna do... if you're not the best, you're gay
- Carrying Feidan since 2009 -
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 10/01/10 05:40
darchon wrote:

Agreed but that is mainly because most of the time, enemies outnumber you (2:1 at best), so cc and aoe are basically kings and having even one mage enables you to completely dominate the battlefield. The game difficulty decreases exponentially after that point, according to the extra mages you may have in your party (still, a DW cunning based assasin/duelist is easily the best single target DPS in the game). It's an encounter design issue, basically favoring quantity over quality AI. Still, it wasn't a bad initial attempt, considering Bioware tried out a brand new character development system (which has its flaws but I believe will be sorted overtime). The story was pretty good and well narrated imo, which is what counts in a single player game, even more than perfect balance (even D&D wasn't perfectly balanced).
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 10/01/10 19:28
CC as in Cone of Cold! Easily the most overpowered spell in the game. 1 mage can almost lock everything out with it. 2+ mages, and nothing survives your cone cycles :p
Lyyk > Frequenter (454) > 10/01/10 19:46
install the updates nub!
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 10/01/10 21:28
Lyyk wrote:
install the updates nub!

Btw, Lyyk (my new PC) :

Silverstone TJ-07B-Window Case
Intel Core I7-920 (s1366, 2.66 GHz, Cache 8MP)
Xigmatek HDT-S1284C "Achilles" Cpu Cooler
Asus Rampage 2 Xtreme Mobo (1366, DDR3, X58)
OCZ Platinum Low-Voltage 6GB DDR3-1333 Ram Kit (Triple Channel)
SeaSonic Modular M12D-850 PSU (850W)
MSI Radeon 5850

What do you think ? :p
Lyyk > Frequenter (454) > 10/01/10 21:41
Tristanian wrote:
Lyyk wrote:
install the updates nub!

Btw, Lyyk (my new PC) :

MSI Radeon 5850

I like, almost what I've got actually Razz got a 5870 noctua cooler and 1000w , thinking of getting a H50 tho to increase the space in the case.
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 10/01/10 22:52
Lyyk wrote:
Tristanian wrote:
Lyyk wrote:
install the updates nub!

Btw, Lyyk (my new PC) :

MSI Radeon 5850

I like, almost what I've got actually Razz got a 5870 noctua cooler and 1000w , thinking of getting a H50 tho to increase the space in the case.

Hmm, interesting. Let me know if you have any issues with the 5870, there is supposedly a "white stripe" bug, supposedly caused by overclocked cards and extreme voltage values.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 09/07/10 00:46
Dragon Age 2 announced. Inevitable i guess, but I am still pleasantly semi-surprised! Will be nice!

What do people hope to see more/less of in this game?
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 09/07/10 00:56
They are changing it to be like Mass Effect so you control one person called "Hawke" (again either rogue/mage/warrior), as long as he/she can be a dwarf i'm ok with that.

Last edited by Aleo on 09/07/10 01:04; edited 1 time in total
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 09/07/10 01:03
Yeah, just read about Hawke too. Hopefully it will be just like in Mass Effect where you can completely customize the character, as that is one of the things I thought the first game did well.

Fix balance (mages being too strong in origins and awakening) and increase difficulty would be my wishes for gameplay.
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 09/07/10 07:54
Hopefully it will be like Mass Effect ? Thanks but no thanks. They already gave us ME2, I don't believe that we need a medieval version of it, with swords and crossbows. As for the rest, it's still very early to comment on the combat system etc, since nothing conclusive has been announced.

And to voice my disappointment thus far :

I'm Commander Hawke and this is my favorite shop in Ferelden !

P.S : Hawke is a last name (like Shepard) and is going to be strictly human. You will not be able to change his/her race.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 09/07/10 13:32
My comment about ME was only in regards to the character creation! I like how combat is done in DAO! If you are right with regards to main character being restricted to human, that sucks, but I have no doubts the game will be good either way.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 09/07/10 13:33
On a different subject, I am thinking of buying the original game to play thru all the dlc, but I am not sure which platform I want it on. Anyone have experience with the ps3 version?
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 09/07/10 15:09
Avoid console versions of all Bioware games they are always better on PC (in terms of stability and framerate). Dragon age in particular was crashing and freezing (although fixed now) on the PS3 and suffers from framerate issues. DA2 will likely improve on this though.

Page 2 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: