Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > DKP System

Fantaz > Peon (26) > 10/01/08 10:40
Hey Loot FTW,
I had a few questions regarding your DKP system.
I was wondering how your DKP system actually works?

Recently my guild has started to raid 25 mans, we did in the past but someone else took care of the DKP system and he has stopped playing and we can't get access to our old DKP site, so we had to make a new 1. But since non of us have ever made a DKP site, we were wondering if you guys could tell us how your DKP system sort of works? And if you have multiple people who update it? We know your guild has been 1 of the best guilds around since Pre-TBC and it is still running well now, and thats why I wanted to ask you how you distribute loot.

I took a look at how your DKP system was like, and I didn't quite understand it. Sometimes for a full Hyjal/half BT run you would get 1-3 DKP and sometimes you would get 12-15 DKP? And some loot had no price, while other items had prices between 30-50 and 100-120? It seems you reward for what the loot is like, depending on how many need it, and how expensive/rare the loot is? And then that comes to my next question: how do price your items in comparison to how much you earn per boss/item? Do you use some standard ratio or something? or does it completely depend on what boss you are fighting and how good the item is, and then you discuss it between yourselves and make up a price?

Progress DKP
One thing I couldn't see in the DKP list (Since you have been farming Hyjal/BT for a long time now) is that if you reward extra DKP for tries on new bosses. Example: you are at the end of BT and you spent 2 nights wiping on Illidan, do you award the people who were there at the 2 wipe nights DKP for effort?

Diminishing DKP
That comes to my next question, do you also reward extra DKP for first time boss kills? and possible second aswel? Then once the boss is properly on farm then you no longer award extra DKP, and possibly after the boss has been on farm for such a while that you start to use Diminishing DKP (every next kill rewards less DKP)?

And finally my last question, do you use any mods for tracking the DKP, like who was in the raid for what boss, and what items dropped, and at the end of a raid you upload the data to your DKP site and it updates the DKP list? The site we are using atm is gsDKP to track our DKP standings, and there their are quite a few ways how to update the DKP list. 1 of the ways was through a addon called CT_RaidTracker. Was wondering if you use it or maybe another addon? or even do it by hand?

That was all (I think ;p), hope its not too long, and someone here is nice enough to help me out Smile
- Freaya
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 10/01/08 11:10
Quote:
I took a look at how your DKP system was like, and I didn't quite understand it. Sometimes for a full Hyjal/half BT run you would get 1-3 DKP and sometimes you would get 12-15 DKP? And some loot had no price, while other items had prices between 30-50 and 100-120? It seems you reward for what the loot is like, depending on how many need it, and how expensive/rare the loot is?

To address some of your concerns. Our dkp system is a small variation of the standard zero sum system. Items have fixed prices, the person with the highest DKP interested in the item, wins the item and its cost is deducted from their DKP in that respective pool. If more than one person eligible for the item has the same DKP, the item gets rolled. Everyone (including the looter) then receives DKP equal to the cost of the item divided by the amount of participants in the raid. There is an exception to the above rule. If an item drops and no one expresses interest in it, then it is possible for people to ask to receive it for free, but only if the item does not serve their primary purpose/spec in raids. The item gets rolled and is still added to the looter's record. If that person later decides to change his primary role in raids, he is charged the full price of that "offspec item" (and this doesn't work in reverse). Crystal now ?
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
Quixoz > WANNABE TROLL (1227) > 10/01/08 11:21
Its pretty much Zero DKP, the value of items bought by players is then given back to each member of the raid by the formula "Item Cost / Number of raiders".

If noone requires or wants an item, it is normally offered as offspec. These items are free. Offspec would be like a DPS warrior taking tanking gear or vice versa.

Items have fixed prices depending on their power in slot. T6 chests cost more than the other parts. Mainhands cost more than offhands.

We use armor and misc pools, with helm, shoulders, chest, bracers, gloves, boots, belt and pants being armor, everything else goes to misc.

Only one person updates the dkp at a time but it isnt always the same person.

Progress dkp, hehe not really needed. A small ammount is given but meh, like we need any incentive for wiping. Razz

Diminishing dkp, it works for some but isnt needed for us atleast.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Loot_system This page helps explain some of the various systems in use.
Krissam > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (604) > 10/01/08 13:10
screw dkp, worst system ever.

any system that adwards people who are egoistic isn't good tbh Smile
bellator > TROLL (1553) > 10/01/08 14:31
TehDorf wrote:

Well it's good that dkp doesnt award based on a person's ego then but instead rewards based on time spent raiding :p
Fantaz > Peon (26) > 12/01/08 11:10
Okay I see, and with your Zero-DKP system, there is a minimum acquired DKP per raid, 1 or something if no items drop?
And the people who do update your DKP system, do they use any certain mods/addons to do so? Or all writen down by paper?
And thanks for the replies, really helps. Smile
- Freaya
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 12/01/08 11:55
Fantaz wrote:
Okay I see, and with your Zero-DKP system, there is a minimum acquired DKP per raid, 1 or something if no items drop?
And the people who do update your DKP system, do they use any certain mods/addons to do so? Or all writen down by paper?
And thanks for the replies, really helps. Smile
- Freaya

If nothing drops (aka all get sharded or going to "offspec") there wont be any dkp handed out, so no minimum dkp for a raid afaik. And i do think our dkpnublets are using an addon called raidtracker or something simular to keep an eye what droped and who it went for.
Borgmeister > Frequenter (482) > 12/01/08 13:31
We used to use a mod called Shaeltal, but it now only works if you are in deep space.
Alinoe > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (571) > 13/01/08 00:42
Borgmeister wrote:
We used to use a mod called Shaeltal, but it now only works if you are in deep space.

And it also only works if it doesn't automatically deletes his character everytime his alcohol lvl is above a certain limit ;p
(>*!*)>
Krissam > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (604) > 13/01/08 14:08
bellator wrote:
TehDorf wrote:

Well it's good that dkp doesnt award based on a person's ego then but instead rewards based on time spent raiding :p

unfortunately it doens't cuz people can hoard like crazy if they want to
Akron > TROLL (1560) > 13/01/08 14:18
The success of a DKP system revolves around the players involved. If you're in a guild where players leave good pieces of loot get disenchanted, even though they want them, just because there is another "more contested" item upcoming, then that is one shit guild with shit members. Merely by feeling the need to use alternative methods in order to keep your members from "loot-whoring", you are pretty much admitting that you're in a guild that consists of braindead, selfish, loot-horny players, basically type of people that no sane person wants in their guild Smile
Pero wrote:
fuckin nub! quit the job, not the guild!!!
Alinoe > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (571) > 13/01/08 17:44
Achron wrote:
The success of a DKP system revolves around the players involved. If you're in a guild where players leave good pieces of loot get disenchanted, even though they want them, just because there is another "more contested" item upcoming, then that is one shit guild with shit members. Merely by feeling the need to use alternative methods in order to keep your members from "loot-whoring", you are pretty much admitting that you're in a guild that consists of braindead, selfish, loot-horny players, basically type of people that no sane person wants in their guild :)

[Censored]

Watch your tongue infidel! Guild is mother, guild is father!
(>*!*)>
Akron > TROLL (1560) > 13/01/08 22:06
Noooo, my bubble! You bitch, just because it was different! Razz

And uhm, I do know that, I'm merely trying to make a point.
Pero wrote:
fuckin nub! quit the job, not the guild!!!
Quixoz > WANNABE TROLL (1227) > 14/01/08 00:30
Alinoe wrote:
Achron wrote:
The success of a DKP system revolves around the players involved. If you're in a guild where players leave good pieces of loot get disenchanted, even though they want them, just because there is another "more contested" item upcoming, then that is one shit guild with shit members. Merely by feeling the need to use alternative methods in order to keep your members from "loot-whoring", you are pretty much admitting that you're in a guild that consists of braindead, selfish, loot-horny players, basically type of people that no sane person wants in their guild Smile

Sorry to burst your bubble but even in our guild we have some "braindead, selfish, loot-horny players". This is not Utopia ;p

Loot is a byproduct of progress, it is a means to an end. Sure everyone likes some nice gucci kit but i doubt that it is even close to being the primary motivation for people here.
Alinoe > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (571) > 14/01/08 01:54
Quixoz wrote:
Alinoe wrote:
Achron wrote:
The success of a DKP system revolves around the players involved. If you're in a guild where players leave good pieces of loot get disenchanted, even though they want them, just because there is another "more contested" item upcoming, then that is one shit guild with shit members. Merely by feeling the need to use alternative methods in order to keep your members from "loot-whoring", you are pretty much admitting that you're in a guild that consists of braindead, selfish, loot-horny players, basically type of people that no sane person wants in their guild :)

Sorry to burst your bubble but even in our guild we have some "braindead, selfish, loot-horny players". This is not Utopia ;p

Loot is a byproduct of progress, it is a means to an end. Sure everyone likes some nice gucci kit but i doubt that it is even close to being the primary motivation for people here.

I never said those people don't want progress :P But there are some individuals who are dkp whores etc etc. That's just how it is but how my dear ACHron posted it, it sounded like we have this perfect guild where there are no people who are a little bit more obsessed with certain loot than others ;)
(>*!*)>
Quixoz > WANNABE TROLL (1227) > 14/01/08 07:59
Alinoe wrote:
Quixoz wrote:
Alinoe wrote:
Achron wrote:

I never said those people don't want progress Razz But there are some individuals who are dkp whores etc etc. That's just how it is but how my dear ACHron posted it, it sounded like we have this perfect guild where there are no people who are a little bit more obsessed with certain loot than others Wink

What guild are you in then? This one seems to be the personification of perfection, everyone here is idealist as they get... Razz
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 14/01/08 10:04
Quixoz wrote:

Speak for yourself, I color-match my characters' gear! Wink
Silra - Draenei Shaman
Skwittle - Gnome Warrior
Lynifer > Peon (18) > 14/01/08 10:49
Skwittle wrote:
Quixoz wrote:

Speak for yourself, I color-match my characters' gear! Wink

purple? Razz
Alinoe > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (571) > 14/01/08 11:40
Quixoz wrote:

What guild are you in then? This one seems to be the personification of perfection, everyone here is idealist as they get... :P

But! xD
(>*!*)>

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: