Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > Help from movie makers and computer experts in general

Akron > TROLL (1560) > 19/08/06 11:33
Ok, it's pretty simple. I and Lod are hoping to make a movie about the guild (something like what barbossa released some months ago, although I doubt it'll be as good, featuring Naxx bosses and other stupid stuff), but I have a problem.

On our last Thaddius kill, I took a pretty good movie of the whole encounter with some quite nice shots near the end of the fight. The fraps movie was like 4gb, but the problem is, the file appears to be corrupted. I can't import it in the movie maker and I can't view it with any player.

The question is: Is there any way to save whatever's left of it, or am I royally screwed? (until our next Thaddius, that is)
Pero wrote:
fuckin nub! quit the job, not the guild!!!
order avodart > Guest () > 19/08/06 11:41
Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
generic name for avodart - avodart online canada

Last edited by order avodart on 20/06/13 14:32; edited 841 times in total
blem > WANNABE TROLL (1020) > 19/08/06 11:41
if its 1 file about 4gb its most likly becaus windows have a hard time managing files above a certan size, my fraps cuts the recording in to sizes of about 1.5 gb each iirc to prevent this problem
Akron > TROLL (1560) > 19/08/06 12:23
Oh and while we're at it, anyone have a newer [bad word, bad word, piracy ftl!] version of fraps that features a "hide cursor" option?Razz

edit: and can capture at higher resolutions than 640x480 when playing at 1280 x something Razz
Pero wrote:
Neb > "I TRIED MY BEST" (101) > 19/08/06 12:58
i do achron, pm me on irc later and ill dcc it, if im around.

...And the hell that i send him to will seem like heaven after what i have done to him.
Akron > TROLL (1560) > 19/08/06 13:08
Got a newer version now with the cursor function, only need to record at real resolutions now Razz although it's not such a problem, a high quality 640x480 video is pretty ok
Pero wrote:
Krissam > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (604) > 19/08/06 13:19
Achron wrote:
Got a newer version now with the cursor function, only need to record at real resolutions now Razz although it's not such a problem, a high quality 640x480 video is pretty ok

even the trial version supports higher than that... aer you sure you haven't set it to "half resolution"
Akron > TROLL (1560) > 19/08/06 13:50
The problem is that it supports up to 1152 x something. If you're playing at a higher ress than that (aka 1280 x 1024 which is normal), it cuts it in half automatically.. I don't feel like redoing my UI and playing at a lower resolution atm :X
Pero wrote:
Krissam > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (604) > 19/08/06 19:31
Achron wrote:
The problem is that it supports up to 1152 x something. If you're playing at a higher ress than that (aka 1280 x 1024 which is normal), it cuts it in half automatically.. I don't feel like redoing my UI and playing at a lower resolution atm :X

that's true, but the fraps doesn't become horrible by that, tho i agree, a newer version'ld be nice Smile

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: