Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > Rerolled Starwars guild.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 12/12/11 19:32
New server: Tomb of Freedon Nadd

The guild deployment originally assigned us Scepter of Ragnos. However that is a really low population server with a very imbalanced Republic:Empire ratio. This could cause the Repulic assigned guilds to select another server leaving us with an Empire only server. We have searched the ohter servers and found Tomb of Freedon Nadd to be a suitable new home. It has a decent sized population (max assigned to a server is 3500) and a respectable faction ratio given that Empire is by far the most popular across all servers. There are also no mega guilds (200-500 members) which tend to not always be the most serious or mature leading to a hopefully skilled and competitive server.

Also it seems this server has caught the attention of overclockers.co.uk which will surely help in making this an english server.

Some other servers we looked at;
Chunndar, the current home to almost all nordic guilds and the russian super guild RED ALLIANCE. Very few guilds all very big and rumors of the nordic ones and the russian one migrating off leading to a completely dead server.
Legions of Lettow, another high pop server with alot of decent sized guilds however very many of them are non english speaking which is annoying.
Nightmare Lands, PvE, decent server but most of the population is collected in a few guilds which are probably not very serious (PC Gamer Mint Imperials)
Bloodworthy, the server which is rumored to be the target of the nordic community guilds

creds to Feidan
Krissam > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (604) > 13/12/11 00:24
Man, I hope some guilds do a last minute change of heart and go Republic. Probably wont happen enough to make an impact though.
Fallin > Peon (35) > 13/12/11 03:56
Why not Bloodworthy?

If I were to pick a server I would have chosen Bloodworthy or Tomb of Freedon Nadd, so just wondering why you made your pick. Also, after having a quick check on the OcUK forums it seems to only be the PvP part of them that is going to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, and they seem to be doubting that its the correct pick?

They both seems good tho, just wondering since I played on the scandinavian unofficial server of wow on release, burning blade and I had a blast.
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 13/12/11 08:34
Fallin wrote:
Why not Bloodworthy?

If I were to pick a server I would have chosen Bloodworthy or Tomb of Freedon Nadd, so just wondering why you made your pick. Also, after having a quick check on the OcUK forums it seems to only be the PvP part of them that is going to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, and they seem to be doubting that its the correct pick?

They both seems good tho, just wondering since I played on the scandinavian unofficial server of wow on release, burning blade and I had a blast.
We choose ToFN because it seems to be an more British server and English will be the spoken language.
Servers with a majority of guilds from a certain country tend to just take over the server and attracts people that don't speak English just because they don't need to. I've seen this happen in wow my self. Greeks taking over the server and it becomes unplayable since they only speak Greek.

And since we are an international guild we did not choose Bloodworthy because it will become a Nordic server and our none Swedish speaking member wont enjoy that very much. And this server will now become a casual dumpster server when all 300+ guilds rolling there.
Lyyk > Frequenter (454) > 13/12/11 15:44
I'm currently on ToFN on a char called Lyyk
hightide > Peon (2) > 13/12/11 16:38
Is that deffinitly our guild server now then?? Who are we wispering for an invite when we finaly get in then??
corre > "I TRIED MY BEST" (178) > 13/12/11 17:06
http://www.swtor-esp.com/content/?s=da6d947215f49df6dab7a0f481817ee6
jargha > "I TRIED MY BEST" (81) > 13/12/11 17:11
Switching servers again.... Hold on
Gurgelmos
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 13/12/11 17:45
After some more researching we will NOT go for Tomb of Freedon Nadd. The Spanish community settled here.
And now the guild list for each server has updated correctly we think that our original server Scepter of Ragnos seems to be the most promising server with about 45% of the guilds with 10+ members out of 273 guilds.

Server of choice. Scepter of Ragnos

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Lyyk > Frequenter (454) > 13/12/11 17:54
The experience was horrendus, all of a sudden 100 alayns loged into the ToFN and started talking about paella.
I'm on SoR atm and in the guild.
bellator > TROLL (1553) > 13/12/11 22:21
Pff, pre-ordered at start sep, but didn't redeem the code until
End nov... so not expecting early access until jan or feb.
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 13/12/11 22:26
bellator wrote:
Pff, pre-ordered at start sep, but didn't redeem the code until
End nov... so not expecting early access until jan or feb.

I actually pre-ordered the first day, but forgot to redeem the code untill early august, which still prolly makes me wait 2-3 days to get in instead of first 1 or 2 waves.. Sad
Cookies + Beer = Win!
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 13/12/11 23:54
They are not even finished with all pre-orders from july...
bellator > TROLL (1553) > 14/12/11 09:48
I just wish they would give an indication of when people would be getting in. Don't mind missing first day or so EA but want to plan time around release... can't do this when no idea when i'm getting in.
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 14/12/11 10:12
bellator wrote:
I just wish they would give an indication of when people would be getting in. Don't mind missing first day or so EA but want to plan time around release... can't do this when no idea when i'm getting in.

If you redeemed early November, you should be getting at least 1 day of early access, so all is not lost. On a side note, Sith are currently dominating on all servers, with population ratios going from 2.5:1 and upwards. There isn't a server that hasn't been assigned at least 200 guilds too (of course it all depends on the quality of guilds too, for instance there are a LOT small guilds) and there are Russians and Germans pretty much everywhere, but last I heard they were planning to converge on ToFN. Greeks are for the most part spread around (with a lot on ToFN too :p).

Personally, I settled on Niman, on the Republic side. Very light population in the starting areas, solid ping plus a few guilds starting out. Looks promising and for now, quiet :p
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
jargha > "I TRIED MY BEST" (81) > 14/12/11 11:14
We kinda despise low pop servers cause they tend to die after first month when the free subscription month goes out. I rather sit in a queue for 20 min that not be able to do anything later on.
Gurgelmos
bellator > TROLL (1553) > 14/12/11 18:18
Tristanian wrote:
bellator wrote:

If you redeemed early November, you should be getting at least 1 day of early access, so all is not lost.p

Based on the waves today, hopefully I should get a lot more than that, hoping for wave 4 tomorrow.

I have a sneaky feeling that by end of tomorrow everyone will be in. Their "upto 5 days EA" wasn't entirely clear. I think there would have been an awful lot (more) complaints if they had done EA for 5,4,3 days. By starting early access 7 days early and getting people in 7,6,5 days they can at least then say everyone got at least 5 days early access.... but that's just a guess on my part.
Krissam > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (604) > 14/12/11 19:30
bellator wrote:
I have a sneaky feeling that by end of tomorrow everyone will be in. Their "upto 5 days EA" wasn't entirely clear. I think there would have been an awful lot (more) complaints if they had done EA for 5,4,3 days. By starting early access 7 days early and getting people in 7,6,5 days they can at least then say everyone got at least 5 days early access.... but that's just a guess on my part.

I'm not really sure, I mean, as far as I've understood they had a huge spike of preorders early and then it dropped very low and started to climb, so I'm guessing august/september had relatively few preorders to july, nov and december.

I preordered last week (I was always like "yea, well everyone has preordered already so I wont get early access anyway") but, so I'm hoping for some time this weekend, but not counting on anything.
Annarion > "I TRIED MY BEST" (162) > 15/02/12 00:36
Hey guys! I looked for you on the server Kazzim said on this topic but couldnt find anyone? Are you on a different server?
Also I wanted to say that Im playing on Sith'ari Server a Jedi Guardian and a Commando.
Contact me on Annarion/Naki
Cya!
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 15/02/12 19:18
Annarion wrote:
Hey guys! I looked for you on the server Kazzim said on this topic but couldnt find anyone? Are you on a different server?
Also I wanted to say that Im playing on Sith'ari Server a Jedi Guardian and a Commando.
Contact me on Annarion/Naki
Cya!

we are on the server that i said in the topic but most have stoped playing

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: