Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > Star Wars: The Old Republic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 16/06/10 00:20
As Darth Vader would say, certainly an impressive vid. If only gfx in any game could look like promo cinematics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_5wJ3yrVy4
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 16/06/10 01:32
Speaking of MMO's I'm currently playing in the FFXIV alpha, quite a different game.
Mortok > Guest () > 16/06/10 02:52
any1 actually gonna play this, me and Mercci have spoke about it before, but any1 else gonna be interested in this ?
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 16/06/10 09:11
Mortok wrote:
any1 actually gonna play this, me and Mercci have spoke about it before, but any1 else gonna be interested in this ?

Most definitely trying it out. But it has to come out first Wink
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
Merc > Peon (28) > 16/06/10 10:00
Aleo wrote:
Speaking of MMO's I'm currently playing in the FFXIV alpha, quite a different game.

Likewise. Very VERY choppy and I dont have much patience for it at the moment but I cant wait until its a bit more playable.

As for SWTOR, this game will be everything SWG wasnt and more so yeah, Blizzard need to release cata this year if they want my money for it - 2011 is all about Bioware
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 16/06/10 20:31
Looks cool, but..

You have a big gun, and a small knife. Obvious choice? GO MELEE THE EVIL JEDI! wat
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 17/06/10 09:15
Tristanian wrote:
As Darth Vader would say, certainly an impressive vid. If only gfx in any game could look like promo cinematics...

Idd, and no gf can stop me from playing it..

Now Lucas, go make some movies/series with this style instead of cartoon....

Darchon wrote:
You have a big gun, and a small knife. Obvious choice? GO MELEE THE EVIL JEDI! wat

Ofc, wouldnt you?
Cookies + Beer = Win!
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 17/06/10 10:15
lapin wrote:
Tristanian wrote:

Idd, and no gf can stop me from playing it..

Now Lucas, go make some movies/series with this style instead of cartoon....

Darchon wrote:

Ofc, wouldn't you?

Haha, was waiting for (s)Lapin to turn up sooner or later. Seems we'll bump into each other again, my swedish friend. Btw, what are you thinking, faction wise. Republic or Sith ?
Grunge > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (551) > 17/06/10 10:22
Aleo wrote:

Give access!
Fans glory to the Gladiators,
Gods glory to the Heroes.
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 17/06/10 10:38
Tristanian wrote:
Haha, was waiting for (s)Lapin to turn up sooner or later. Seems we'll bump into each other again, my swedish friend. Btw, what are you thinking, faction wise. Republic or Sith ?

Im everywhere, and nowhere! And everywhere between there...

Ive no clue tbh. Im always one of those fancy boys who always takes the light path, whatever game it is... Perhaps its time for a change Smile Need to read up more, been slacking with games in general lately..
Cookies + Beer = Win!
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 17/06/10 14:01
Red lightsabers looks best! What kind of game is this gonna be btw? As in, pve/pvp focused, that sort of thing.
Lyyk > Frequenter (454) > 17/06/10 22:41
Will try this out if I get the time...
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 18/06/10 09:26
darchon wrote:
Red lightsabers looks best! What kind of game is this gonna be btw? As in, pve/pvp focused, that sort of thing.

Although it's very early to make that determination, seems it's gonna be a bit of both.

Quote:
* PvP can be fought in Warzones which are specific team-vs.-team scenarios - E3 1up June 2010
* Quote Rich Vogel: We will have open PvP play and we will have instances, I'll just put it that way. - E3 Massively June 2010
* Warzones were presented as distinct zones that are separate from the persistent Alderaan world map. - E3 Darth Hater June 2010 (B)
* Quote: We’ve explored a lot of those endgame PvP mechanics and that is another area where I think people will be excited - VG247 March 2010
* Quote: We don’t support the high level character killing the low level player, but it’s safe to say that we’re going to make sure that that does not happen. - VG247 March 2010
* It looks possible that Open World PvP is available in game as seen in Video (ofc it could just be a PvP Server)- Combat Dev. Vid.
* Quote from James Olhen: "We're going to have open world PvP, As for the more structured PvP, I can't going into details but we will have it" - PC Gamer UK April 2010
* Small amount of PvP action shown between 3 players during Dev. Video (4.00) - Designing the Darkside
* Confirmed that you do NOT have to PvP in TOR, its an option if you want too - IGN Q & A
* Richard Vogal during an interview said that Battlegrounds were available - Games Reactor
* Loot sets also seem to be in game, possible mutliple PvP sets mentioned - Gamespot Smuggler

Quote:
* Quote: "We're looking at classic [endgame] systems, but we're also doing something brand new that hasn't been done in an MMO before - CVG March 2010
* There will be raiding but no details have been released - Multiple Reviews
* End Game Content like Raiding is available if players do not want to re roll- MMOGamer

For more detailed info, there is a 166 page (at this moment) thread, here.
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 19/06/10 11:21
Tristanian wrote:
For more detailed info, there is a 166 page (at this moment) thread, here.

To.. Little.. Time.. To.. Read.. All.. That.... Read it for me!
Cookies + Beer = Win!
Hps > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (522) > 04/07/10 05:48
http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2010/07/star-wars-old-republic-e3-multiplayer.html New multiplayer battle video.
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 04/07/10 12:14
I'm so gonna be that Consular !
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 05/07/10 16:58
Tristanian wrote:
I'm so gonna be that Consular !

Any with a lightsaber = must!
Cookies + Beer = Win!
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 09/07/10 19:21
Game testing is now underway it seems (damn no emails yet :p).

Source : http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20100709_002
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 09/07/10 21:20
So whats the appeal of this game exactly? WoW but in star wars universe?
Merc > Peon (28) > 10/07/10 08:51
Star Wars which means Jedi, Sith which is obviously badass. Not only that though but you have Bioware making it, possibly the only other company i trust to make a decent mmo other than Blizzard. The fact they are taking their sweet time with it too only goes to show how good it will be.

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: