Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > Dragon Age

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 09/07/10 15:43
I just bought it for the ps3! Could have bought it for pc, but that always feels like a waste :p

Edit: Hmm, the pause function doesn't appear to exist on the console version, this might be interesting!
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 13/07/10 13:08
Some new info on Dragon Age 2:

Quote:
Information from the latest issue of Game Informer has begin appearing online, and mentions that Dragon Age 2 is doing away with the classic "tree" dialogue system, where you're presented with lines of text that you select, and replacing it with Mass Effect's "wheel", which uses intent as a means of generating almost "real-time" conversations. There's a slight change, though; rather than basing your answers on their position on the wheel, the "hub" will now clearly indicate what tone your response will be; anger, flirting, etc.

You'll also be able to carry over your save game from the first title, the events you forged in Dragon Age determining how things turn our in the sequel. Sounds strange, but Dragon Age 2 begins while the final events of the first game are coming to a close, so there's cross-over there.

Another change - and this might be the biggest - is that only the PC version will retain Origins' "strategic combat". The console versions will feature a new combat system, one BioWare says plays to the strength of the control pad. "Rather than try to mimic the PC experience on consoles", the GI report states, "Dragon Age II has a battle system more tailored to the strengths of the PS3 and 360."
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 13/07/10 18:44
Having almost completed a playthrough of origins on the ps3 now, "The console versions will feature a new combat system, one BioWare says plays to the strength of the control pad" sounds good. On the console version at the moment, you can pause the game to issue orders on which spells to use, but not to tell people to move to specific spots. Tailoring the game to be more action-centered instead of feeling like a half-assed port from pc will probably do the series a world of good on consoles. How having to make basically 2 seperate games will work out tho, that is to be seen I guess.
Hps > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (522) > 14/07/10 05:47
Started three days ago did it all on nightmare up until archdemon which completely raped my face off. Have to say great game though and eagerly awaiting DA:2.

P.S. Mages are overpowered.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 14/07/10 07:07
Hps wrote:
P.S. Mages are overpowered.

Yeah, in my current game I'm only using Wynne, and only to heal. Cone of cold and Fireball just makes things too easy :p
Grunge > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (551) > 15/07/10 14:58
Anyone played Leliana's Story and Darkspawn Chronicles yet? Ie. Are they worth installing or not?
Fans glory to the Gladiators,
Gods glory to the Heroes.
Caladwen > "I TRIED MY BEST" (154) > 15/07/10 16:27
They're both very-very short, an hour tops, and they both revisit several of the Denerim maps. I played through both of them once and haven't bothered again. Buying them certainly ain't worth the $.
"It is your commonplace, featureless crimes which are really puzzling, just as a commonplace face is the most difficult to identify."
- Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Doyle
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 15/07/10 17:20
Grunge wrote:
Anyone played Leliana's Story and Darkspawn Chronicles yet? Ie. Are they worth installing or not?

I bought them, but not played yet. Will update when I do!
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 15/07/10 21:49
Grunge wrote:

Leliana's Song is worth it. Though relatively short and with an ending that sucks, it's quite fun overall.

Darkspawn Chronicles, avoid at all costs. Worthless dungeon crawler with no real purpose.
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
Caladwen > "I TRIED MY BEST" (154) > 15/07/10 21:50
Tristanian wrote:
Leliana's Song is worth it. Though relatively short and with an ending that sucks, it's quite fun overall.

Sure, if you appreciate Leliana's story, get it. I never liked her to begin with (+ she had a horrible spec), so it held very little value to me in that matter.
"It is your commonplace, featureless crimes which are really puzzling, just as a commonplace face is the most difficult to identify."
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 15/07/10 21:56
I've already finished everything Surprised Sure they probably could have picked Shale or Sten but it wouldn't make much of a difference, since ultimately you have to assume the role of a companion. The only thing that bugged me about Leliana's Song was the fact that it was a prequel (I'm generally against them, in all media Twisted Evil ) but I must say that compared to Darkspawn Chronicles, it was infinitely better.
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
Caladwen > "I TRIED MY BEST" (154) > 15/07/10 22:18
Quote:
Sure, if you appreciate Leliana's story, get it.
That was meant for, Grunge.
I finished it myself aswell, even though I find both DLCs far beyond anything Bioware normally would release.
Grunge > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (551) > 21/07/10 17:59
Caladwen wrote:
Tristanian wrote:

Sure, if you appreciate Leliana's story, get it. I never liked her to begin with (+ she had a horrible spec), so it held very little value to me in that matter.

Companion Respec Mod!

Guess I'll give Leliana's a whirl after I finish Disciples 3.
Fans glory to the Gladiators,
Gods glory to the Heroes.
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 25/07/10 14:11
Another preview of DA2 from Comic con: (talking about narrative/story)

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/24/preview-dragon-age-2/?
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 24/08/10 15:19
DA2 Destiny trailer (for those that haven't seen it yet) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqxPB-BCLRM

Edit : For those wondering, yes the narrator is Flemeth !

Last edited by Tristanian on 24/08/10 22:11; edited 1 time in total
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 24/08/10 18:20
Started playing this again (couldnt remember if i finished awakening or not) but having annoying crashes to deskop litte now and then, which is annoying as fuck. Been googling around to try to find some fixes (they arent comp issues, as others having them aswell) but those ive tried havnt worked very well. Anyone got any ideas how to fix em (if they can be fixed atm)?

And Trist, that looks cool.
Cookies + Beer = Win!
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 24/08/10 19:04
I get crashes to desktop with all Bioware games. Doesn't happen that often though (once a day maybe)
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 24/08/10 22:09
And here's a TON of confirmed information about the game :

Quote:

General:
- DA2 will be released on March 8th, 2011 (in North America) and March 11th, 2011 (in Europe) for PC, XBox 360, and PS3.
- DA2 is a single-player game.
- No different editions confirmed yet, but "We will definitely be talking about a special edition at some point".
- There is no "morality meter" in the style of Mass Effect's Paragon/Renegade meter.
- Decisions made in DA:O will show up in future iterations of the DA universe.
- "Our intent is to include information and decisions from Awakening as well as Origins into DA2."
- Morrigan's Dark Ritual is NOT canon, nor is any other ending.
- There will be more DLC and patches for DAO before DA2 is released.
- "Yes, there will be inventory."

Setting:
- DA2's story will span 10 years.
- This timeline partially overlaps that of Dragon Age: Origins, and Hawke's story begins in Lothering shortly before it is destroyed by the Darkspawn.
- Events from Dragon Age: Origins may be seen from a different viewpoint.
- Hawke escapes the destruction of Lothering with "his family" and he eventually makes his way to Kirkwall in the Free Marches.
- Kirkwall is located on the southern edge of the Vimmark Mountains, north of Ferelden.
- "Hawke will also spend time in other areas of the Free Marches".

Storyline/Plot:
- “Dragon Age II has a framed narrative structure, which means that the exploits of Hawke occurred in the past, but are being retold in the present.”
- Cassandra is interrogating Varric the Dwarf on the actions of Hawke over the last 10 years to better understand how the world came to be on the brink of war.
- "No exclusive organization. No saving the world. No ancient evil."
- "The player decides whether Hawke is a kind ruler or an unscrupulous despot. He's called Champion - the question is: 'By whom?'".
- Flemeth saves Hawke and co. and asks that he deliver a package for her in repayment.

About Hawke:
- The main character's surname is Hawke.
- Male Hawke's default first name is "Garrett" (possibly spelled differently).
- Female Hawke's default first name is Marian.
- Hawke can be male or female.
- Hawke is human.
- Hawke will be voiced.
- Hawke survived "the Blight".
- Hawke is known as "the Champion of Kirkwall".
- Morrigan is NOT Hawke's mother; Hawke is NOT the "god baby".
- "Hawke can, indeed, be a mage."
- All Hawke voiceover artists have already been cast.
- "We refer to the DA2 player far less often as Hawke than we referred to the player as Warden in DAO. Only people who know you intimately use the name, and even then we tend to avoid direct references as a rule to avoid repetition. Most people who don't know you will use an honorific (or even by race, if they're not human)."
- Hawke lived in Lothering during the events of DA:O, fled north to Kirkwall.

Other NPCs/Companions:
- There will be companions/followers.
- There will be romanceable characters.
- Cassandra is an "Inquisitor" with an interest in Hawke's activities.
- Cassandra is an Inquisitor in the employ of the Chantry.
- Varric is a Dwarf who was with Hawke on his travels and is a narrator.
- "Varric is most definitely not a king."
- "Varric was born in Kirkwall. His family was noble before they became skyers. He is, therefore, a merchant prince among the surface dwarves. And that's probably all I can tell you about him for now."
- Flemeth will appear.
- Flemeth is once again voiced by Kate Mulgrew.
- Hawke meets Wesley, an injured Templar, and Aveline, his wife, while fleeing Lothering.
- Hawke has a brother named Carver (a Warrior) and a sister named Bethany (an apostate Mage).
- Hawke's mother also accompanies him during the escape from Lothering.
- You won't be able to romance Bethany. Just in case you were...you know...wondering.
- "...the DLC from Origins will be tied to this game as well. You will see characters from that DLC in this game."
- Hawke's party will still be limited to 4 (Hawke + 3 companions).
- There will be at least 2 of each class as potential companions.
- Party composition may affect dialogue with NPCs.
- The left side of the dialogue wheel may feature opportunities for companions to interact with the NPC Hawke is speaking to.
- It is likely that Nathaniel Howe will appear, as he spent time in Kirkwall before the events of Awakening.
- "You can even be openly hostile to your party members and still unlock combat bonuses."

Combat/Gameplay:
- The same classes are returning: Mage, Rogue, and Warrior.
- May be fewer mage spells, but they will be customizable/upgradable.
- Combat should be much more reactive. Companions will leap straight into battle instead of shuffling forward and getting into position.
- Combat on the consoles is being streamlined to better utilize the controller interface. Combat on the PC should be largely the same.
- Melee characters can participate in combinations like mages could in Origins.
- Mages now have "finishing moves" like melee characters did in Origins.
- There are still class specializations.
- There is a tactical camera in the PC version, which is similar to the one in Origins.
- Occasionally, Varric will be "embellishing" his retelling, which will result in exaggerated combat for the duration of the sequence (until Cassandra calls him out on it).

Dialogue:
-The dialogue wheel will have up to 5 choice options and up to 5 "investigate options" (to leave room for "investigate" and "return"
options, respectively).
- There will be an icon that illustrates the tone of each dialogue response (snarky, aggressive, peaceful, romantic, etc.)
- There are "personality choices" and "action choices." The tone icons for the former affect your personality, and depending on your choices, you will develop a "dominant personality" that can affect how Hawke delivers lines. The icons for the latter indicate intent.
- Party member approval is based on your actions, not your personality/tone.

Art Direction:
- Female bodies have their own separate shape, and no longer resemble men in the shoulders and hips.
- Different characters do not always share animations.
- Elves, Dwarves, and Qunari will have updated looks.
- The armor Hawke is wearing in the Destiny trailer is already in-game.

Screenshots:
Hawke & Bethany (Plus dialogue wheel)
Flemeth (Dragon form)
Flemeth (Human form)
City 1 (Street view)
City 2 (Wide angle)
Darkspawn
Landscape
Hawke swinging sword
Hawke and Bethany with Ogre 1 (Standing ready)
Hawke and Bethany with Ogre 2 (Bethany casting)
Hawke and Bethany with Ogre 3 (Ogre's vantage point)
Hawke and Bethany fighting Darkspawn
Hawke killing Darkspawn 1 (Gore)
Hawke killing Darkspawn 2 (Jumping)

Concept Art:
Flemeth 1
Flemeth 2
Deep Roads
Desolate Landscape
Loading Screen
Cassandra and Varric
Hawke
Hurlock
Qunari 1
Qunari 2
Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Qunari
Dark Figure overlooking bridge
Mage casting a fire spell
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 30/08/10 12:40
Morrigan 'With Hunt' DLC :

http://dragonage.bioware.com/dao/witch_hunt/

"Confront Morrigan in this dramatic conclusion to the Origins storyline."
Hps > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (522) > 30/08/10 19:37
Need more Morrigan!

Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: