Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > The result of a boring summer

Gym > "I TRIED MY BEST" (76) > 03/08/10 01:35
I decided to build myself a media centre in and old NES Smile

Probably not the first PC in a NES project some of you may have seen but it def was fun to build

It's not the highest spec of machine ever but it does a good job of sufing and wathcing films on. I also wired up the orginal controller ports so you can play emulators with them which is nice
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 03/08/10 09:02
Awsome. But wtf, destroying a nintendo! Hope Mario will haunt you while you´re sleeping!
Cookies + Beer = Win!
djuro > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (576) > 03/08/10 14:34
nice Smile

Alzheimer hasn't hit just yet.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 03/08/10 14:44
Looks nice! I got an old nintendo too, almost tempting to try this, but I suck at building shit, so not a good idea. How do you deal with heat buildup in such a small cabinet tho?
Asatar > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (778) > 03/08/10 15:26
Looks like an 80s Mac Smile
Konflict > TROLL (1504) > 03/08/10 21:22
lapin wrote:
Awsome. But wtf, destroying a nintendo! Hope Mario will haunt you while you´re sleeping!
Alphnis > "I TRIED MY BEST" (139) > 04/08/10 21:14
Asatar wrote:

or a 2010 model of a Mac
Gym > "I TRIED MY BEST" (76) > 05/08/10 01:34
Cooling aint that bad actually. I replaced the stock cooler with a low profile Askas copper one. Then put two intake fans at the grill on the top that blow air over the processor, ram and northbridge. There are also 3 side vents that let air out that were in the original casing. It idles around 30 and doenst get that hot under load. Either way i usually leave the flap up if ive been using it for any extended time.

The parts are ones that I have had for a while that I used in another media centre case and just decided to re use them but if i was to do it again some of the newer stuff out would be much easier to use in a mod like this. You can actually get boards that have the PSU integrated into them. Then if you got one with integrated wireless (instead of using a pci one) you would free up loads of space making the airflow even better - possibly even allowing passive cooling

Anyways was defo a fun project and im 99% im gonna do another one if I can get this one sold on ebay (have it listed atm Razz)
Lyyk > Frequenter (454) > 05/08/10 04:43
For ur next build, for the love of god cut and sleeve ur cables made my eyes bleed, otherwise GJ Razz
Asatar > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (778) > 05/08/10 12:31
Alphnis wrote:
Asatar wrote:

or a 2010 model of a Mac

Errrr regardless of what they might be in terms of price / value / spec / whatever, they are undoubtedly by far and away the best looking laptops out there.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 05/08/10 13:14
Give link to auction, I cant find it!
Gym > "I TRIED MY BEST" (76) > 06/08/10 01:15
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CUSTOM-NES-MEDIA-CENTRE-PC-/320571164637?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item4aa387c7dd

Think its posted up under the UK section because of the way I setup the postage so needa change that.

Had some guy from Malaysia looking to buy it, not sure how much I trust that though

@Lyyk it pains me a little aswell. I had none of the large braiding left after I rewired a PSU for a friend or I would have done that Razz

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: