Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > HALP!

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Asatar > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (778) > 02/08/10 23:29
Sylvanen wrote:
I'm guessing you wont be online on Tuesday/Weds then.

I'll be online tomorrow, but my gfx card could choose to have another meltdown at any time Smile I'll be able to do a transfer though.

Therali wrote:
Looks great too - however you kinda pay for the name

I've had 2 Macs, 4 iPods and 2 iPhones, I am used to this Smile

Bascically what I REALLY want is other companies specs / prices in Apple body / OS Smile I do not like Windows and HATE the design of almost all other laptops, looks so bad its unbelievable....

QQ.
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 03/08/10 17:44
Asatar wrote:
Long story short: I need a new laptop. I dont really know much about this stuff so help on these questions would be MUUUUUCH appreciated Very Happy

Intel i3 v i5 v i7 - Whats ACTUALLY the noticeable difference?

Let's just say that the i7 processor line is way ahead of anything else, either Intel or AMD, but they are generally more expensive. WoW won't feel the difference much, you can easily settle for an i5 (s1156) if you are short on cash.

Quote:
Nvidea 330M 256mb v 512mb v 1024mb - Again, what difference will I notice assuming its the same card but with different amounts of dedicated memory.

There are subtle differences that depend mainly on the applications you will be running. The card itself is on par with the GT 240, which means pretty mediocre (to bad), assuming you want to play newer games on high resolutions with all the eye candy turned on. Again for WoW it's more than enough.
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
Cole > Frequenter (443) > 03/08/10 19:31
since you made almost every transfer for guild members you got tons of cash!

so buy this one

http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/notebooks/laptop-alienware-m17x/pd.aspx?refid=laptop-alienware-m17x&s=dhs&cs=19&~ck=mn

Smile

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: