Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > iPhone 4G

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Quixoz > WANNABE TROLL (1227) > 16/07/10 13:13
Well its big and quite heavy. I think it's probably just superflous to my lifestyle.

I get internet in my office and i can't have my phone in there anyway. I don't need internet when i'm out as i tend to plan ahead.
I use an ipod generally when i go running, because its smaller and lighter.
I have a camera which is much better than the one on the phone for when i want to take pictures. If i'm out i generally don't take pictures and certainly wouldn't want to be getting an iphone out, way too many pikeys.
I generally sleep / read books when i'm traveling, so the movie function is quite superflous for me.
The only ap that i can imagine being useful is the sat nav shit that you can download. The rest just look like a pile of toss. But generally i know where i'm going before i get there, same old planning ahead shit i mentioned before.

It's a pretty phone granted, but i'm still failing to see its usefulness over my 4 year old sony crap.
Asatar > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (778) > 16/07/10 13:22
So theres nothing actually wrong with the phone itself, it just does too much for what you want?
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 16/07/10 14:49
Well that's your situation. Not mine Razz
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 17/07/10 01:39
Apple held a press conference july 16 about the antenna issue and what they will do about it.

The apple press conference July 16 http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/100716iab73asc/event/index.html <--- dont click. copy paste.
Q&A after the presentation http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/16/live-from-apples-iphone-4-press-conference/
Asatar > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (778) > 17/07/10 04:19
I dont really care about the reception issues tbh. Firstly, I dont hold phones like they do in all the vids showed dropped bars, I hold them far more delicately (yes lololol homo fag jokes galore), and I live / travel in relatively high signal strength areas.
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 17/07/10 10:57
I will always have a bumper or an other case on it at all times so it doesn't affect me either.
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 17/07/10 12:48
Apple is giving away a 'free' case it seems, in order to alleviate concerns about the antenna reception issue. What bugs me about this whole situation is Apple's arrogance. Instead of being honest right off the bad about possible concerns with reception (no one would really blame them this much), they have been consistent in trying to turn it around and present an obvious design flaw, as a common problem. So far, we've heard just about everything, "It's not the reception, it's the way the signal is calculated", "It's not the phone, it's you, you aren't holding it right ! Let me show you how to do it !" (oh rly ? Didn't think I had to do a whole song and dance in order to actually use a phone for its primary, intended purpose), "Every smartphone has this problem !".

Jobs is right about one thing. This has indeed been blown out of proportion, but that's mainly due to Apple failing to admit that they made a mistake (and issue the statement about the free cases right there) and resorting to all sorts of lame excuses because it is apparently bad for business to admit that your product isn't actually the best thing since sliced bread.
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 17/07/10 13:04
Yes media has made this issue way bigger then it is. 0.55 % of the iPhone 4 users have this issue. And all smartphones have this issue but media is just raging at Apple strangely.
djuro > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (576) > 21/07/10 11:16
Taiwan POV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn-YesqzvNk

Alzheimer hasn't hit just yet.
Asatar > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (778) > 22/07/10 19:58
Picked mine up today and its very nice. Screen is amazing. The shape is a bit awkward after using a 3G for 18 months but it feels good; well sized although quite weighty. In terms of functionality its really not THAT different to a 3GS or even a 3G. Camera is very nice for a mobile phone. The "antenna failing"? Pretty much bullshit. I gripped it pretty hard covering almost all of the antenna for about a minute and only dropped one bar, it really wont affect your day to day usage in the slightest unless you live in some 3rd world country like Greece.

(Random outdoor photo in low lighting)

Apple 4 Life! (Got like 3 more iPods lying around somewhere....)
Kristian > Frequenter (354) > 23/07/10 15:31
Quixoz wrote:
Well its big and quite heavy. I think it's probably just superflous to my lifestyle.

I get internet in my office and i can't have my phone in there anyway. I don't need internet when i'm out as i tend to plan ahead.
I use an ipod generally when i go running, because its smaller and lighter.
I have a camera which is much better than the one on the phone for when i want to take pictures. If i'm out i generally don't take pictures and certainly wouldn't want to be getting an iphone out, way too many pikeys.
I generally sleep / read books when i'm traveling, so the movie function is quite superflous for me.
The only ap that i can imagine being useful is the sat nav shit that you can download. The rest just look like a pile of toss. But generally i know where i'm going before i get there, same old planning ahead shit i mentioned before.

It's a pretty phone granted, but i'm still failing to see its usefulness over my 4 year old sony crap.

Great post, Wayne. You should update your blog with it. <3

No really, the iPhone is not for everyone. Personally I use around 5-10 GB of data on my iPhone each month, and could never live without it.

[Click for signature]
by Quixoz
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 23/07/10 16:21
Kristian wrote:
No really, the iPhone is not for everyone. Personally I use around 5-10 GB of data on my iPhone each month, and could never live without it.

So how did you live before the iPhone? There will be a mobile that replaces it and when that time comes everyone will go crazy again.
Konflict > TROLL (1504) > 23/07/10 19:41

Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 23/07/10 19:45
http://gizmodo.com/5594709/samsung-uk-giving-away-free-galaxy-s-android-phones-to-people-who-complain-about-the-iphone-4

The official word from Samsung UK:

"Recently there has been a real increase in online activity from consumers dissatisfied with some of our competitors' products. We decided to contact a cross section of individuals to offer them a free Samsung Galaxy S as a replacement, as we're confident that once people have the phone in their hands, they'll see how impressive it is for themselves."
Asatar > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (778) > 23/07/10 20:45
Aleo wrote:
http://gizmodo.com/5594709/samsung-uk-giving-away-free-galaxy-s-android-phones-to-people-who-complain-about-the-iphone-4

The official word from Samsung UK:

"Recently there has been a real increase in online activity from consumers dissatisfied with some of our competitors' products. We decided to contact a cross section of individuals to offer them a free Samsung Galaxy S as a replacement, as we're confident that once people have the phone in their hands, they'll see how impressive it is for themselves."

Do you have to return the iPhone or something or can I just contact them and get one free tomorrow if I say I'm dissatisfied? Smile
Kristian > Frequenter (354) > 24/07/10 11:28
Kazzim wrote:
Kristian wrote:

So how did you live before the iPhone? There will be a mobile that replaces it and when that time comes everyone will go crazy again.

I had Nokia phones. The reason I can't live without the iPhone is that it created new needs for me, or did things I always thought would be awesome to be able to do on the run (read news, check email, be on facebook chat, msn, etc.). While other phones have done this, none does it as fast and nice as iPhone.

And yeah, there probably will, but until then I will be gaying it up on my iPhone.

[Click for signature]
by Quixoz

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: