Dragonkimber > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (547) > 10/06/10 03:23
Discuss.
I'm just a black dragon.
Gym > "I TRIED MY BEST" (76) > 10/06/10 03:45
www.simplynoise.com + www.rainymood.com = win
tntmaxy > "I TRIED MY BEST" (112) > 10/06/10 04:35
Gym wrote:
www.rainymood.com

<3 used to listen to this while meditating.
Asatar > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (778) > 10/06/10 05:53
Solution A) Kill bird so it shuts up.

Soultion B) Watch tv series in bed. I recommend Dexter.
Enishi > Peon (38) > 10/06/10 08:44
Solution: Get a job, work like 12 hours, raid after, and you will sleep like a bird! lolol
The skies shall rain fire and the seas will become as blood.
Rabs > "I TRIED MY BEST" (220) > 10/06/10 09:25
1) Go to the doctor
2) Get pills
3) Take pills
4) Fall asleep

Wink
Quixoz > WANNABE TROLL (1227) > 10/06/10 10:32
Just ask Unplugged to voice his opinion on something, you'll be asleep in no time! He'll even be going when you wake up if you need help nodding off for your morning snooze time.
Sylvanen > Frequenter (258) > 10/06/10 12:10
Shame that my internet only returned at 3 and I hastily decided to download Starcraft before/if it packed up again.
trig > Frequenter (301) > 10/06/10 15:35
Okay, here are my tips regarding this subject, I have actually experienced allot of insomnia during the course of my life, and i have actually reduced it them to almost 0.

- No consumption of cafeine after 5pm (assuming you go to bed around 23-24), do the math if you go later or earlier to bed. (if you feel that its still not working, try not having any cafeine for a period of time)
- Check your diet, too much sugars and shit food alter your sleeping pattern.
- DONT EAT BEFORE GOING TO BED.
- Exercise Physically, get laid, it helps Wink
- Make sure you have a confy bed, with no ambient light, I mean as Dark as possible, with blinds so when daily light pops up, the room is still pitch black.
- Room temperature is very important, too much cold or hot environments screw with your sleep.
- Use your bedroom and bed, only for sleeping and sex Smile.
- Remove everything from your bedroom thats electronic(tv/radio/computer/anything).
- Don't READ while in bed.
- Have a ritual before going to bed (wash your teeth, change your clothing), its been proven that after some time your body adjusts to certain day rituals so that your sleepness starts when the body uncounciously identifies the first steps in your nightly ritual.
- Only go to bed when you are feelling sleepy, this one is fairly obvious.
NOTE:
Most of them are fairly obvious, but some people just discard them, and its the obvious ones that screw your sleep by a whole lot.

If you spend too much time before falling asleep when you first go to bed, much time = greater than 10 mins, and you feel there's some sort of anxiety, you need to fix that problem first, kill the source of your anxiety, speak to someone Wink

If you do the above, and still experience insomnia, be sure to seek professional help.
Hps > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (522) > 10/06/10 17:27
trig wrote:

Unfortunately that is incorrect it's scientifically proven that if you have a light snack thirty minutes before bed time it not only releases melatonin which helps you fall asleep but it also helps your metabolism stay active overnight which subsequently will help you keep weight off.
trig > Frequenter (301) > 10/06/10 17:38
Hps wrote:
trig wrote:

Unfortunately that is incorrect it's scientifically proven that if you have a light snack thirty minutes before bed time it not only releases melatonin which helps you fall asleep but it also helps your metabolism stay active overnight which subsequently will help you keep weight off.

http://www.aolhealth.com/medical-myths/medical-myths-eating-before-bed

It seems it might be a myth, and from what I could gather, it hasn't been proved or disproved. But one would think that have your digestive system working while sleeping might interfere with your sleeping pattern.

At least I know if I eat a large portion of food and go to bed, it alters my sleeping pattern. Again I posted it as my own tips/experience, take it with a grain of salt. Not saying they're scientifically backed, but I can assure you I did some proper research when I was having insomnia.

This is also worth reading:
FTA:
Quote:

Other Health Effects
There are reasons other than concerns about weight to be careful when you eat. For people prone to heartburn (also called gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD), eating just before bed may cause trouble. When you lie down to sleep, the connection between the esophagus and stomach becomes horizontal instead of vertical. People with GERD often have more symptoms if they lie down after eating, whether it's bedtime or not. That's why people with GERD are routinely advised to raise the head of the bed (to maintain some element of gravity to keep acid in the stomach where it belongs) and not to eat shortly before going to bed.
I also have read reports of poor-quality sleep and nightmares as a consequence of eating before bed, but these are not well supported by evidence either. Perhaps the best advice in this regard is to rely on your experience. If eating at night seems to make it harder to sleep or has been associated with bad dreams, it's probably a good idea to avoid that late night snack. And if spicy or fatty foods seem particularly troublesome, avoid those.
Caffeine and alcohol deserve special mention. People who are sensitive to the stimulant effects of caffeine should avoid intake one to three hours before bed (or even longer if experiencing insomnia), While alcohol is a sedative that may promote sleep, alcohol-induced sleep commonly leads to awakening just a few hours later and difficulty getting back to sleep.
Asatar > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (778) > 10/06/10 17:40
trig wrote:

- Remove everything from your bedroom thats electronic(tv/radio/computer/anything).

I am a student and everything I own is in 1 room, and as such I basically live in this 1 room. WHAT DO I DO MR TRIG?!?!?!
djuro > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (576) > 10/06/10 17:48
Asatar wrote:
trig wrote:

I am a student and everything I own is in 1 room, and as such I basically live in this 1 room. WHAT DO I DO MR TRIG?!?!?!

Find yourself a girlfriend with room for sleep only, or maybe a boyfriend (w/e you prefer)

Alzheimer hasn't hit just yet.
Orzó > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (661) > 10/06/10 21:10
djuro wrote:
Asatar wrote:
trig wrote:

Find yourself a girlfriend with room for sleep only, or maybe a boyfriend (w/e you prefer)

pretty sure its a boyfriend he wants
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 10/06/10 21:11
Quote:

Tried this, but after a while all the crumbs in your bed end up keeping you up anyway, so fail.
Dragonkimber > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (547) > 10/06/10 22:56
I will keep you updated on when I sleep, apparently it sparks discussion.
I'm just a black dragon.
Gym > "I TRIED MY BEST" (76) > 11/06/10 07:56
Also check out this program

http://www.stereopsis.com/flux/

It slightly shifts the colour of your screen dependant on the time of day and lighting conditions you set it up for. Sounds a bit stupid at first and when you first put it on you will think WTF has it done to my screen but stick with it. Probably one of the major contributing factors in helping me get my sleeping pattern back on track during the ToTC days.
Asatar > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (778) > 11/06/10 11:08
Also, have the album 'Daudi Baldrs' by Buzum playing quietly. Its pretty ambient stuff and helps relax me Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wKxdbxcZoo&feature=related

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: