Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > Nerd question! Involves a tv, a ps3, a pc and a bd9!

darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 12/01/10 23:34
So, i downloaded this movie to watch on my rad new tv/ps3.

I have the ps3 connected to the network, and I use the wmp media server thing to access movies directly from the pc, so I dont have to burn/copy shit over.

All is fine, untill recently when I downloaded a HD movie. The format of this thing is bd9, which I assume is some sort of blueray image file, and my ps3 wont recognize it as a movie. Any tips on what to do, programs to use to convert this file into something useful, like an avi?
ix > "I TRIED MY BEST" (95) > 13/01/10 02:45
bd9 and bd5 are terms when u use inexpensive media which are in this option dvd 4.7 and dvd 8.5 for saving hd (bd) content.

actual codec is another thing anyway it will be matroska container aka .mkv
nazrm > Frequenter (480) > 13/01/10 08:23
IF you downloaded a raw blueray movie rip (30gb or something?) I guess you need to burn it to make it work

23:32 Adnade- Naxx for me was like, the best instance ever.
23:32 Adnade- Especially c'thun
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 13/01/10 10:52
After some trial and error i realized the actual file i got was a .mkv. Downloaded mkv2vob and converted, and gonna try it now!
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 13/01/10 11:13
It works!
Jeebs > Peon (38) > 14/01/10 00:27
I used this streaming method with a program called ps3 media server until later firmware updates came out where the movies and music started to stutter so i stopped using the streaming . With this program i was able to transcode all the HD rips (including mkv) on the fly while streaming, might worth giving it a shot if you haven't heard about it already.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: