Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > Dragon Age

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Terrare > "I TRIED MY BEST" (131) > 07/11/09 06:34
I just wanted to say that all the money spend on the game are 150% worth it. I just finished on my mage and must say that its the best single player game ever, great storyline, great graphics, great characters!!!!
Its amazing what they did and i hope wow turns to be so exciting as the DAO is atm Razz
Finished it with 22 lvl human male mage and going for Elf female warrior now Razz
Post ur thoughts here as well as ur class!!!!
Asatar > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (778) > 07/11/09 08:07
What is it? Just a single player RPG like Diablo 2?
Alphnis > "I TRIED MY BEST" (139) > 07/11/09 10:52
Single player RPG created by Baldur's Gate devs.
supr > "I TRIED MY BEST" (219) > 07/11/09 16:29
How often do you pause the game?
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!
Terrare > "I TRIED MY BEST" (131) > 07/11/09 17:39
i pause it on before every time to arrange potitions, and then after every skill i pause to reassign the next skill (depends o situation i might let it go auto with arranged tactics Razz )
fimpina > "I TRIED MY BEST" (246) > 07/11/09 18:50
is it just me or do you wipe quite alot..
Terrare > "I TRIED MY BEST" (131) > 07/11/09 19:04
i play it on normal since it was my first time with such a party fight idea but i didnt wipe more than 2-3 times.
hardest fight was the first troll on the tower Razz
even the sacred ashes dragon was easier!!!
but i guess its all about setup really.
Lyyk > Frequenter (454) > 08/11/09 12:11
Try it on nightmare and have ur heaer overwhelmed by a beast that resists 75% of the stuns... in other words, yes you wipe quite alot.
blem > WANNABE TROLL (1020) > 11/11/09 09:57
thx gfx in this game looks amasin, just look at this trailer http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8un1l_dragon-age-origins-april-1-trailer_videogames ;D
Grunge > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (551) > 11/11/09 23:29
Lyyk, what, 3 mages (PC, Wynne, Morrigan)+Tank = nightmare is easy.

On classes I'd say magic is op
Rogues are fine with dex fix with daggers (although if you ignore cunning for max str+36dex for dw Starfall+Veshielle/Asturians vs Darkspawn it's probably better).

2h warriors are shit, DW warriors are decent but you lack a few good dw abilities from rogue (not to mention warrior specializations are shit for dw). You do gain Keening Blade (warrior only Longsword, probably best combo vs non-blightspawn with Starfall in mh).

Archers are just bad (although dex-fix helps a bit).

The lack of a container in the party camp is really annoying (although you can get one in the DLC Warden's Keep area).

Overall I like the story and gameplay is rather fun, but the AI I think is really really bad, You can lure with ranged abilities (Pull 2 mobs out of a room with 10, I mean wtf, they are too stupid to call their fellow blightspawn who are twiddling their thumbs or something).

Still, a lot of steps backwards from Mass Effect imo.

Some bugs as well

There are some problems with both DLC's disappearing, that can be fixed by using the pirate version of the DLC (no official fix still...)

Ending where you become king by marrying Anora (human male Noble only) is bugged, it shows as if she never remarried in the ending text (even though she declares you as the new king in a scene)
Fans glory to the Gladiators,
Gods glory to the Heroes.
Terrare > "I TRIED MY BEST" (131) > 12/11/09 00:58
dont spoil grunge! lols some ppl didnt finish it yet! (i did once ofc now rogue time Razz )
Grunge > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (551) > 12/11/09 01:34
Blame no [spoiler][/spoiler] tags.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 12/11/09 15:26
Leave it to Grungé to min/max everything.
Grunge > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (551) > 12/11/09 20:27
I'm disappointed that magic is so powerful tho.
Winter's Grasp/CoC->Stone Grip kills everything, if needed you can abuse doors: open door, pause, cast blizzard/tempest/inferno, close door rapes large clusters.
3 mages = 3 Storms of the Century as well Very Happy

Also, I played around with Shale a bit and he's shit compared to Alistair/(spoilertankspoiler).
The abilities of his different trees require that stance, so you're microing either his stance to get some ranged/dps shit in or staying in tanking stance because you're taking a beating.

While as Alistair with Knight-Commander Armor (40% Spell ignore)+Spellward (30% spell ignore)+ 3 Dweomer Runes in The Veshialle or Keening Blade is sick spell ignore ( dragons missed all spells).
Also Sword+Shield talents are SOOOO much superior to Shale's talents (Knockback immunity <3)
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 12/11/09 20:44
And you expect us to believe you were gone cos your modem died? Busted I'd say.
Grunge > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (551) > 12/11/09 22:59
darchon wrote:
And you expect us to believe you were gone cos your modem died? Busted I'd say.

Game's rather short if you get Wynne with Haste spell (+50% movement speed).
Kazzim > Frequenter (252) > 13/11/09 00:17
I completed the game yesterday on a rogue. This first time I played as a good warden but next time I will be a really evil Blood mage. Rape Morrigan ect. Twisted Evil
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 11/12/09 18:13
Neco allowed? Anyway, finally finished this game with all classes now (war/rogue/mage) on nightmare when I finally found some spare time from the gf.. And like some said, an awsome game mostly (graphics/quests/igmovies etc) but some parts just pure failures (bad AI like grunge said - makes the game to easy, "short" gameplay with itemupgrades, limited combat tactics!! etc). Hopefully some awsome "expansions" can follow this up and fix annoying bugs/flawes etc.

Anyway, pees out.
Cookies + Beer = Win!
Grunge > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (551) > 11/12/09 22:10
lapin wrote:
Neco allowed? Anyway, finally finished this game with all classes now (war/rogue/mage) on nightmare when I finally found some spare time from the gf.. And like some said, an awsome game mostly (graphics/quests/igmovies etc) but some parts just pure failures (bad AI like grunge said - makes the game to easy, "short" gameplay with itemupgrades, limited combat tactics!! etc). Hopefully some awsome "expansions" can follow this up and fix annoying bugs/flawes etc.

Anyway, pees out.

There's this Tactics modification mod that gives a bit more control, but underlying problems still remain.
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 16/12/09 14:48
Grunge wrote:
lapin wrote:

Anyway, pees out.

There's this Tactics modification mod that gives a bit more control, but underlying problems still remain.

Yeah, seen it before. Tried it, but didnt work together with another old mod I found which gave you 25 combat tactics on all chars instantly instead, which is a must to play that game, without going mental atleast.
Cookies + Beer = Win!

Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: