Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > For the hardware dude!

legg1 > "I TRIED MY BEST" (98) > 19/10/09 12:44
So, this might be geeky as balls, but Hydra and MSI have teamed up (as you probably know).
BUT, MSI releases their new P55 based mobo called "Big Bang" - in 10 days, 11 hours..

This means, we'll ACTUALLY be seing Lucid 200 chip on a consumer board aimed for gamers :O

Say hello to 3x Sexyness PCIe x16 on that board <3

http://event.msi.com/mb/bigbang/
http://www.iopanel.net/forum/thread31404.html

19:22 <@Inanecats> order dvds omg it's totally not worth committing a crime for you wouldn't download a car
Konflict > TROLL (1504) > 19/10/09 13:31
Shame its useless for wow! WTB SLI support!
legg1 > "I TRIED MY BEST" (98) > 19/10/09 13:35
Afaik this is actually going to improve wow performance as well, as (unless im way off here) the lucid chip will make the rendering as "1 gpu" when its sent out, rather than split-rendering like SLI does.

Also, multigpu/core support is something we wont see for wow, unless they release a brand new "wow 2" game (like their new mmo).

They tried and failed with dual-core cpu's. the performance didnt really go up a whole lot.

19:22 <@Inanecats> order dvds omg it's totally not worth committing a crime for you wouldn't download a car
Raven > "I TRIED MY BEST" (88) > 19/10/09 13:42
legg1 wrote:
So, this might be geeky as balls, but Hydra and MSI have teamed up (as you probably know).
BUT, MSI releases their new P55 based mobo called "Big Bang" - in 10 days, 11 hours..

This means, we'll ACTUALLY be seing Lucid 200 chip on a consumer board aimed for gamers :O

Say hello to 3x Sexyness PCIe x16 on that board <3

http://event.msi.com/mb/bigbang/
http://www.iopanel.net/forum/thread31404.html

WTB Translation Laughing
nazrm > Frequenter (480) > 19/10/09 13:44
Ok, so you can use both a Nvidia and a ATI card. That's great. And it operates as if it was only 1 installed? As with SLI I can't really see this being a major boost to performance, considering that the game just has more processing power avaliable, not speed.

pr bullcrap imo

23:32 Adnade- Naxx for me was like, the best instance ever.
23:32 Adnade- Especially c'thun
legg1 > "I TRIED MY BEST" (98) > 19/10/09 13:59
im sure we'll see some tests coming out in not too many days, to verify/crush the performance needs for certain games.
WoW is really frickin strange in how it works too tho, as if you run with 2/4/8gb ram, it only seem to use a certain % of your maximum ram :S

Hopefully this scales in the same way, or alteast being able to push more processing over to the gpu's rather than the cpu.

-edit-

For the various gpu's around, be in nvidia intel or amd, you have 3 different chips from the Lucid 200, one being ati-ati, one ati-nvidia, and finally a nvidia-nvidia.
Im guessing running a chip for the same type of cards (variable on the series ofc) will cost less.

Asatar > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (778) > 19/10/09 14:31
So.... all this means what?
legg1 > "I TRIED MY BEST" (98) > 19/10/09 14:37
Awesome mobo's allowing you to dust off the old cards thats now obsolete due to lack of sli/xfire support (especially mixmatching various series of the cards).

Free performanceboost!

Konflict > TROLL (1504) > 19/10/09 15:16
Not really free considering you have to buy the bullshit new board for ridiculous amounts of money! I'm with Nazrm on this one!
legg1 > "I TRIED MY BEST" (98) > 19/10/09 15:55
given you have no plans to upgrade your current hardware, then yes Razz
But i for one wants a new setup soon. still running on 775 with ddr2

-edit-

And in that sense it gives you a free boost from old hardware (gfx cards) as well, to fill the slots meanwhile.

Konflict > TROLL (1504) > 19/10/09 18:58
legg1 wrote:
But i for one wants a new setup soon. still running on 775 with ddr2

Yeh, such outdated hardware, oh my Razz.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: