Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > Why Shamans should not be wearing Shields.

Chasy > WANNABE TROLL (1482) > 28/01/09 17:44
Quote:

What your doing is what blizzard wants. That's the problem.

Explained:Shields are suppose to only be for Paladins/Warriors/Shaman for tanking. What your doing is confusing tanking with caster tank. Your a shaman thus a Mage in Plate. Here is where you stop. You can carry 2 things as a Elemental shaman. One is you carry a Staff. You use staffs due to there high stats an great capabilities for casters. This also benefits from Windfury giving the shaman melee and magical enhancement. However most shaman are blueberries an don't know how to play there class an never consider melee as a option.

This leads to Shaman to using Hand-Held items. These are the second best items to be included in the game and the easiest to get 90% of the time. These also give huge benefits in magical capabilities. BUT the do not benefit in melee or protection.

So then you have shields which are NOT great beneficial items they are only use to reduce melee damage an provide medium increases in Magical damage balanced around Paladins. NOT shaman. The only reason shaman are wearing shields are because they get hit 5x harder than any class in the game Even more than cloths.

Thus forcing everyone to roll restoration just to stay alive a few moments in combat which is spent entirely healing themselves. In hopes the enemy will run out of energy an they can fight back. Shield are only suppose to be meant for the shaman who wishes to tank. It wasn't meant for PvP or PvE common play. If a elemental shaman is tanking then they have the wrong shield for the job. If elemental shaman are wearing shield for Damage dealing? i think you have your answer right there.

Its not suppose to be shields. And whether you wear a shield or not it made no difference for a shaman. you take full damage anyway. You would be better off wearing something else. Armor is not functioning for shaman.

Source
Retired gnome
bellator > TROLL (1553) > 28/01/09 18:07
Face, meet palm.
Kalashi > Frequenter (257) > 29/01/09 05:12
Take about serious ! this guy is dead serious !

" Shield are only suppose to be meant for the shaman who wishes to tank."

LOL ...
" Preventing needless tank deaths and saving the lives of careless DPS since 2007 "
Annarion > "I TRIED MY BEST" (162) > 29/01/09 10:30
I had made a similar post in paladin forums about why paladins should wear healing 2 handed weapons Razz
Durwen > "I TRIED MY BEST" (178) > 29/01/09 11:14
i like the part about staves with windfury if you are elemental going melee Very Happy

Now i know what i have to fix on my ele shaman
La derrota no es una opción y no hay excusas
Rox > "I TRIED MY BEST" (94) > 29/01/09 12:38
…………………………………………………………………………….i\…..|’:’|.|\,………..,/’|
………………………………………………………………………._|’\,.|,:’\,:|’|:;|,|:;’\,,-,,/’|../:;:|
……………………………………………….…………………..¸„-*¯),/’¯’|:;,--\;|;:\|:;:;’\,:;\,|/’:;:;’|
……………………………………..________……………_„„„--\,. ‘\,:|. . |. /. .’|;:;:\:;:;::;\::\;:;::;|„„¸
………………………………„„-~*””:::::::::::::::¯””””””””””””/’¯::,^”¯_\. .’\|. . |,/. .,|:;:_¸„\„¸\::;:\:;:\:;:|__\,¸
………………………….„-^”¯„--------„„_:::::::::::::::;::;::,/::;:,/.,/>;:;’|. .’. . |/. . .\-*”. . . .\,:;::\::;\/’._. ¯\,
……………………….„^”„^”¯::;::;::;:::::¯”-„::::::;::;::;:,/::;::;|. .|¯”-„;¸|: : “: :’: : :’: . .,/’¯”~’::;::\::;”\* : : .|
……………………..„/:/’::;::;::;::;::;:::::::::”^ „::;::;::;:|’::;::;|. ..|: : :”|: : : : : : : : . .|:;:;”\,;:\:;::\:;::’\/’: ....... |
…………………..,/’:,/::;::;::;::;::;::;::;:::::::::”\,::;::;:|::;::;:|. . |,: ¸„:|,: : : : : : : : .,|”\,:;::\,;|::;:):;::”\: ....... |
…………………„/’::;|::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::::::::::\::;::;|::;::;|’.:. ‘\„*„i”””***^~- „_: . ./\„-„”:;:;:\::;:/::;::,|. . |
……………….„/’::;::|::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;:::::’\::;,|::;::;|.:.:.:.,/::¯¯”””**~-,„¸”*^/,: : :”\,|”\,:;’::;:;,/’_¸¸¸|¸
……………..,/’::;::;::\::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::::::\:;|::;::;:|:.:.:./’::;::;::;::;::::::”*~|„¸: : : : : “^”/„-*¯¯___|,
……………,/’:::::;::;::\,::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;:::::\/’^-„::;:’|:.:,/’::;::;::;::;:::::::_::::/^„/ :__„-*’;:¯¯¯¯:::”|
…………..,/::::::;::;::;:’\,::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::::\::;:„>*”|~/::;::;::;::;:::::::„(_’),/’: ,/¯::|::;::;::;::;::;:::::(‘)
………….,/:::::;:::;::;::;:”\,::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::::::\,/’::;::|/’::;::;::;::;:::::::(::,):,/”~”::;::;|::;::;::;::;:::::::(“’|
…………,/:::::;::;::;::;::;::;”\,::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;:::::’\,:„/’::;::;::;::;::;:::::(¯”):,/::;::;::;,/’”|::;::;::;::;:::::::(“|
……….,/’::::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;”\,::;::;::;::;::;::;:::::;::;::,/”::;::;::;::;::;:::::::::¯:,/’::;::;::,/’::;’|::;::;::;::;::::::::::’|
………,/:::::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;”\,::;::;::;::;::;::;:„--~-/’::;::;::;::;::;::;::::::::::/’::;::;::„-*::;::;|::;::;::;::;::::::::::|
……..,/:::::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;:”\,::;::;::;::;::|’::;:,/’::;::;::;::;::;::;:::::::::::/’::;::„-^”::;::;::;’|::;::;::;::;:::::::::::|
...….,/::::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;”\,::;::;::;::’::;/’::;::;::;::;::;::;::::::::::::,/’:::„-*”’\::;::;::;::;|::;::;::;::;:::::::::::|
...…,/::::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;”\::;::;::;::;:|::;::;::;::;::;::;::::::::::::/’::„-*……’\,::;::;:::’|::;::;::;::;::::::::::|
.....,/::::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;:;,/::;::;\,::;::;::;:”::;::;::;::;::;:::::::::::::,/’:„-*………..\,::;::„-*’|::;::;::;::;:::::::::|
....,/:::;::;::;::;::;::;::;:;::;::;::;::;:;|::;::;::;”\,::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::::::::::::::,/„-*…………….\,::”::;/’::;::;::;::;:::::::::|
..._/_::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;::;/::;::;::;::;::^„::;::;::;::;::;::;::::::::::,/”………………..’\,::;|’::;::;::;::;::;::::::::|
::::::””””””””””****^^^^~~~”-----„„„„¸¸¸¸¸_*-„::;:::;::;::;::;::;::;,/……………………’\,:;\::;::;::;::;::;::::::,/
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::¯¯””””””””****~’~~~~-------„„„„„„„„¸¸¸¸¸_”^„¸::;::;::;::;::;::::

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: