Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > Rogue changes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Bionix > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (822) > 16/12/07 18:50
Quixoz wrote:
Id maybe edge on imp poisons instead of deadly as getting it up is more important Wink well thats teh feeling i get in arena atleast Razz

Shiv
Quixoz > WANNABE TROLL (1227) > 16/12/07 19:41
why shiv if you dont have to, the only benefit of deadly poisons is making it harder to dispel.
Lavi > "I TRIED MY BEST" (179) > 16/12/07 21:08
ehm why use deadly poison in the first place?dont realy get that..:/
Sayana > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (697) > 16/12/07 21:59
Lavi wrote:

Typo I think, they most likely mean Vile Poisons. :p

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=fhebREgsidVoZVMo My spec post HARP nerf patch.
I should probably explain why.

All the talents I picked from assassination are just too good to have. I've always been more of a 41/20 (combat) man myself but I think this will give compareable (if not) more benefit than a Combat hybrid.
Since I have all poison talents I won't have to use Shiv anymore. Using Shiv while trying stick to a routined stunlock is just a big waste of CP's even though you need that poison up.
Also, Vile Poisons is pretty good since druids and shamans(and totems) makes me want to pull my hair out when they dispel all poison stacks in just 3 global cooldowns.

I still think CombatMaces will be pretty good so if I ever have arena points to spare for the S3 offhand I'll pick it up and try it out.
But for now I'm gonna stick to Mutilate with all snare resist enchants/gems. ^^

Last edited by Sayana on 16/12/07 22:06; edited 1 time in total
supr > "I TRIED MY BEST" (219) > 16/12/07 22:03
You shiv to apply cripple. So shiv doesn't really help to get 5stacks of wound faster. Imp poisons does. However, its only 4% with those 2 talentpoints makin it 34% instead of 30% wich isnt that much. Id myself go for vile poisons as abolish poisons is gay.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!
Quixoz > WANNABE TROLL (1227) > 17/12/07 07:59
supr wrote:
You shiv to apply cripple. So shiv doesn't really help to get 5stacks of wound faster. Imp poisons does. However, its only 4% with those 2 talentpoints makin it 34% instead of 30% wich isnt that much. Id myself go for vile poisons as abolish poisons is gay.

And that my friends is what we call personal preference Razz, Some feedback once it gets implemented tho :'( dont know how im gonna stretch my skills to cover the loss of 2 ar tho Wink

Saya, i have to say im really liking mutilate, just painful to spec as the combat talents really support the spec and imp sprint is v handy when those snares do hit. endurance can also be quite handy and imp gouge is almost a must for me. Shame the low down sub talents are quite powerful :'(
Joppis > "I TRIED MY BEST" (51) > 17/12/07 08:20
I tend to shiv after my opener as i don't want my target to run away from me... but mutilate is all about keeping poison up on your target so imp and vile poison is really nice talents for that specc.

Looking at the 2.3.2 talent changes my guess isthat blizzard really want rogues to start using daggers and a backstabbing builds again. Even against +400 resilience the talent combo imp. backstab, Lethality, opportunity and the new sinister calling i think backstabs can do a pretty nice amount of dmg Very Happy
Though i still think mutilate will be better due to the CP generation and with that you can have several finishers up on the same time Very Happy
Raiding is hard, sometimes there is fire. You have to not be in the fire!!
Lavi > "I TRIED MY BEST" (179) > 17/12/07 10:46
Shieru wrote:
Lavi wrote:

Typo I think, they most likely mean Vile Poisons. :p

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=fhebREgsidVoZVMo My spec post HARP nerf patch.
I should probably explain why.

All the talents I picked from assassination are just too good to have. I've always been more of a 41/20 (combat) man myself but I think this will give compareable (if not) more benefit than a Combat hybrid.
Since I have all poison talents I won't have to use Shiv anymore. Using Shiv while trying stick to a routined stunlock is just a big waste of CP's even though you need that poison up.
Also, Vile Poisons is pretty good since druids and shamans(and totems) makes me want to pull my hair out when they dispel all poison stacks in just 3 global cooldowns.

I still think CombatMaces will be pretty good so if I ever have arena points to spare for the S3 offhand I'll pick it up and try it out.
But for now I'm gonna stick to Mutilate with all snare resist enchants/gems. ^^

same as i am gonna su sayanna..it is a pain to kill war druids since it si hard to get behind them they can break gouge 24/7..Sad
Bionix > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (822) > 17/12/07 14:00
Quixoz wrote:
why shiv if you dont have to, the only benefit of deadly poisons is making it harder to dispel.

Lol. Why shiv when you dont have to?

Im not sure if you have done arena at all, but shiv as a muti rogue, and other specs is probably my most used skill. I use crippl on offhand, and mind numbing on mainhand.

This means that when im trying to kill a druid or a shaman with cleansing totem, when they try to run away I just instantly apply the crippling poison with shiv. Purely relying on it to proc by itself is not a good idea tbh

@ Sayana, that spec is very similar to mine, and shiv doesnt fuck up stun lock routines all that much, 1 combo point for a hit and 2 for a crit is not all that bad. Especially while running around with 120 nrg
Quixoz > WANNABE TROLL (1227) > 17/12/07 14:19
Awesome, why call it a muti or hemo w/e spam spec, its a shiv spam spec.
supr > "I TRIED MY BEST" (219) > 17/12/07 15:11
Quote:
I use crippl on offhand, and mind numbing on mainhand.

Why mind numbing?
Sayana > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (697) > 17/12/07 15:16
Bionix wrote:

@ Sayana, that spec is very similar to mine, and shiv doesnt fuck up stun lock routines all that much, 1 combo point for a hit and 2 for a crit is not all that bad. Especially while running around with 120 nrg

0 Shivs needed > 1 Shivs needed. I know what Shiv does, I guess I should have replaced "CP" with "Energy" in that middle sentance but I assumed anyone would understand what I ment. :p
It doesn't necessarily screw up a routine but Shiv is way less Damage per Energy and Energy per CP, so I'd just prefer to not have to resort to a Shiv unless I absolutely have to like after someone pops trinket or poison cleanse.
Joppis > "I TRIED MY BEST" (51) > 17/12/07 15:32
shiv or don't shiv... as long as you have crippling poiosn on your target it's fine Very Happy
Quixoz > WANNABE TROLL (1227) > 17/12/07 18:52
Shiv is sex for rogues with evasion up Razz
Bionix > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (822) > 17/12/07 19:15
supr wrote:
Quote:
I use crippl on offhand, and mind numbing on mainhand.

Why mind numbing?

Why anything else?
supr > "I TRIED MY BEST" (219) > 18/12/07 08:29
Because everthing is instant these days. I cant see any reason using mind numbing over wound, unless its a 2dps team.

So please, explain.
supr > "I TRIED MY BEST" (219) > 18/12/07 08:32
Forgot to answer you question. Why use wound? To decrease healing done by up to 50% and having up to 5 stacks to dispel instead of 1.
Joppis > "I TRIED MY BEST" (51) > 18/12/07 08:41
Against a caster heavy team mind numbing isn't bad at all, or if you play with a MS-spamming warrior. I just would love if they added some feature to mind numbing, like make it stackable 5 times and when you use envenom it would mana drain for xxx amount. Not only would mind numbing be a viable option to the standard wound / crippling it would also give rogues a reason to actually put envenom at the action bar.

Same should go for crippling poison, make it stackable 5 times and when using envenom your taget should stand still for like 3 seconds or something. Like an imp. wing clip Very Happy

Rogue ideas... i has dem!
Lavi > "I TRIED MY BEST" (179) > 18/12/07 11:05
lol joppis you remind me of preddy..always so emo about the rogue class..but i agree mindnumbeling is very bad as it is in arenas..unless you go with a war ofc..
Joppis > "I TRIED MY BEST" (51) > 18/12/07 11:16
I'm not emo about rogue changes Very Happy
Just that things need a small fix for more usage^^

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: