Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > Rogue changes

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 14/12/07 07:18
Quote:
Rogue

* Ambush: The damage multiplier on this ability has been increased from 250% to 275%.
* Hemorrhage: This ability now correctly does additional damage when its debuff has already been applied.
* Preparation now resets the cooldown of Shadowstep and no longer resets the cooldown of Adrenaline Rush.
* Shadowstep now adds a 3 second, 70% movement speed increase.
* Sinister Calling now also increases the percentage damage bonus of Hemorrhage and Backstab by 2/4/6/8/10%.

Looks like they want to bury the ar/prep specs for good with this change. Question is, what will the next cookie cutter spec be? Combat maces with ar and rest in assa? Mutil? Speculate and show specs!
supr > "I TRIED MY BEST" (219) > 14/12/07 08:29
I might try 0 33 28. Having 2x evasion, sprint and vanish is still very nice. Atleast in 2v2 n 3v3. I find the good ol' combat specc pretty boring.
Maybe ill just get some daggers and go muti :\
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!
supr > "I TRIED MY BEST" (219) > 14/12/07 09:02
Think im gunna go daggers now actually. Then i can try both muti and something around 20 0 41.
Timmy > Peon (46) > 14/12/07 09:16
I was thinking of Daggers also, http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0xcZhbV0bZEM0sMGR0xst might be a nice spec to try on Arenas
Exalted.
Joppis > "I TRIED MY BEST" (51) > 14/12/07 09:34
Will switch back to my home made assa/subtlety but as the season goes on i will swtich to mutilate and a similar specc to the one Xom is using.
First they removed blind from Prep and now AR. Blade flurry was never in it and what's the next step removing sprint or evasion? Prep has gone from beeing the single best pvp-talent to a mediocre one.

Can't they just add a debuff to dual adrenaline rushes as they did to mages ice-block. Like "exhaustion" for about 30 secs. Got damnit Sad
Raiding is hard, sometimes there is fire. You have to not be in the fire!!
Lavi > "I TRIED MY BEST" (179) > 14/12/07 10:23
you more or less said it joppis..and imo it isnt medi core it is retardedly weak..rather be assi/deep combat than hemo after those changes..back to daggers again..:/
Joppis > "I TRIED MY BEST" (51) > 14/12/07 11:11
Lavi wrote:
you more or less said it joppis..and imo it isnt medi core it is retardedly weak..rather be assi/deep combat than hemo after those changes..back to daggers again..:/

QFT
Raiding is hard, sometimes there is fire. You have to not be in the fire!!
Bionix > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (822) > 14/12/07 11:17
51/3/7 FTW Darchon

But if I was going to go deep subtl (which might be more viable now) I think i'd go with this; http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0ecoxZZEMccMhRcxst

Gone for lethality because at the end of the day, burst still gets people down in arenas. Not that fond of the combat tree for pvp anyway
supr > "I TRIED MY BEST" (219) > 14/12/07 12:28
Bionix wrote:
But if I was going to go deep subtl (which might be more viable now) I think i'd go with this; http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0ecoxZZEMccMhRcxst

Is imp ambush really worth it? I havent been daggers in tbc, but i cant think of a time where id use ambush in arena. Rather put those 3 in imp expose.
I think i would trade master of sublety for heighten senses since i mostly play small brackets.
Sayana > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (697) > 14/12/07 12:30
The AR PREP changes are definately another cowardice nerf towards rogues. I can understand it in some sense but this is too heavy. Maybe an exhaustion debuff of some kind would be a good idea yeah.

Personally I may just go back to regular assa-combat maces or heavy assa muti spec that I've been speculating for a while.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 14/12/07 17:40
Personally i am at least going to test muti, but i predict that i will hate it, especially for the small brackets. Then i guess i will go to either some normal assa/combat spec or try out something like 25-31-5 or thereabouts.
Bionix > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (822) > 14/12/07 18:23
supr wrote:
Bionix wrote:

Is imp ambush really worth it? I havent been daggers in tbc, but i cant think of a time where id use ambush in arena. Rather put those 3 in imp expose.
I think i would trade master of sublety for heighten senses since i mostly play small brackets.

I try to balance my builds for random battlegrounds too, in which case alot of nub geared clothies will be down to 50% in one ambush, but for arena on revision I would probably go for the imp expose armour too. Because we all <3 expose armour
Lavi > "I TRIED MY BEST" (179) > 15/12/07 10:36
you are right athene imp ambush is useless in arenas..

you are right darchon i hate daggers to but for small brackets mutilate have 1 flaw and that is against war druid teams that it is damm hard to get behind that warrior since he is quite often immune to gouge from beserker rage which will be a pain to kill..or close to impossible if they play good..you get alot of nice stuff for other stuff fx fleetfooted quick recovery but loose the dual burst you can get out to get rid of there cooldowns like NS/bubble with some shorter CD like fear together with ar, which will make warrior teams quite hard to defeat for a rogue healer..it will end up in a mana fight, there can be hard to win for a none druid..but against all other teams muilate is just as viable, since it have some realy nice damage to..
Quixoz > WANNABE TROLL (1227) > 15/12/07 16:57
I find it hard to belive that any spec with shadow step in would be good, the advantage of shadow step as i see it is in moving arround which this 3 second speed buff seems really good for. but it seems a lot of the talents in the sub tree are quite superficial and cant really be relied upon. The new "execute" for instance, what would you rather? 20% extra damage on specials for 35%? or 16% on specials (if you are ss build atleast) 100% of the time?, even more pertinent as hemo isnt as powerful as it used to be (and its now normalised :'( ).
I tried mutilate for a while and it is really really good, fleet footed and QR are real handy, and the CP generation is awesome also. I'd definatley say 41 / 20 with im SS for muti tho as its a pain in the ass when you do get hamstring really hard to get behind them non keyboard turning warriors. I doubt that there is going to be a definative arena build now as 31 / 30 was really powerful. But im certainly edging more towards 41/20 muti or something like 16/45 combat http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0eboxZG0EdbVzx0GRt.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 15/12/07 17:41
After some consideration i think i will go with: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0ebRgMsbZMhEzbVzx0ho 28/33 assa/combat.

You get AR, and the high ss dmg from agression and the nice survival/burst talents in the cb tier of assa. I think that investing in assa beats going higher in combat, since the cb tier is so damn powerful.
Lavi > "I TRIED MY BEST" (179) > 16/12/07 02:39
never realy tought of that darchon..it accualy looks pretty sweety..since then you can have both surefooted and the meta to avoid the snare effects..nice 1 gonan think of that..
Quixoz > WANNABE TROLL (1227) > 16/12/07 12:03
Id maybe edge on imp poisons instead of deadly as getting it up is more important Wink well thats teh feeling i get in arena atleast Razz
Lavi > "I TRIED MY BEST" (179) > 16/12/07 14:56
i ment the idea of the spec quix..not annylizing every point..Razz
Quixoz > WANNABE TROLL (1227) > 16/12/07 17:23
i was merely suggesting subtle changes.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 16/12/07 17:49
I thought about that too Quix, but wanted to try with dispel resistance. Both are very viable talents tho, and choosing either does not have any large impact on the general idea of the spec.

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: