Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > AV changes in 2.3

Mar > WANNABE TROLL (1414) > 05/10/07 01:29
http://www.wowblues.com/eu/alterac-valley-changes-for-patch-23-1152815371.html

No group-queuing :\
You forget one thing: Rock crushes scissors. But paper covers rock... and scissors cuts paper...
Kiff, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper... and bring me a rock.
-- Zapp Brannigan
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 05/10/07 01:39
Changes sound very nice, but with no group queueing AV will remain a lame zerg-fest.
Borgmeister > Frequenter (482) > 05/10/07 07:18
If I am not mistaken the current modus operandi is to simply run for the "Relief Hut" right next to where Drek'thar is located. So in essence it will simply expedite the process of running down to Drek'thar and a quick DPS race for Alliance vs Horde. Extremely poor.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 05/10/07 13:49
Borgmeister wrote:
If I am not mistaken the current modus operandi is to simply run for the "Relief Hut" right next to where Drek'thar is located. So in essence it will simply expedite the process of running down to Drek'thar and a quick DPS race for Alliance vs Horde. Extremely poor.

No, you misunderstand. They are changing how the warmasters work, pulling one will result in all 4 coming. I'm not sure if you have ever seen a 4wm pull before, but i can tell you, it doesn't work very well. This system will force players into capturing and destroying towers, and will also require increased focus on defense.
Cyosis > GUILD MASTER (1337) > 05/10/07 14:16
A four warmaster pull is no problem with a good tank and some good dpsers though.
Akron > TROLL (1560) > 05/10/07 14:28
Cyosis wrote:
A four warmaster pull is no problem with a good tank and some good dpsers though.

Which you won't have in a random AV Razz
Keep in mind that it won't always be you healing that "good tank" as well Cyo. The whole situation that requires good tanking, good healing and good dpsing (which could still get ruined by one random moron going all out on the wrong target and have him run through the whole "camp" randomly WWing people.. make that 3-4 random morons and it's over) is what you can expect from players at a certain level. Those players are extremely rare in AV, so no, most of the time the current rush strategy won't work.
Pero wrote:
fuckin nub! quit the job, not the guild!!!
Borgmeister > Frequenter (482) > 05/10/07 15:06
So basically, any team which has a couple of healers/tanks who knew what to do in Deadmines can win. This doesn't increase the amount of Player vs Player contact does it really? /wave in the valley of strife and you often don't see the horde again.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 05/10/07 15:08
Not to mention, how easy do you think it will be to disrupt a group tanking 4 warmasters.
I am guessing that the most viable tactic (especially when taking honor/hour into consideration) will be taking and defending towers until horde has no more warmasters left.
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 05/10/07 15:43
Borgmeister wrote:
So basically, any team which has a couple of healers/tanks who knew what to do in Deadmines can win. This doesn't increase the amount of Player vs Player contact does it really? /wave in the valley of strife and you often don't see the horde again.

It promotes pvp in the sense that all pve guards (commanders etc) were removed from the map objectives. So a pvp group can capture a tower, hold it for four minutes, and if they repeat the trick while holding off the other faction they have 0 warmasters.

It might work, now that new warmasters can't spawn anymore from destroyed objectives.
Silra - Draenei Shaman
Skwittle - Gnome Warrior
online pharmacy usa > Guest () > 05/10/07 19:54
Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
rx online pharmacy no prescription - no prescription pharmacy us

Last edited by online pharmacy usa on 20/06/13 14:03; edited 1736 times in total
Pero > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (687) > 05/10/07 20:19
ShaelTal wrote:
i laugh at blizzard.
i laugh at casuals.
i laugh out loud.

and we all laugh at you, papak.
<3 Barcelona!

I pinch!

Shaeltal is gay!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: