Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > WinXP pros, need help with language packs

Akron > TROLL (1560) > 27/06/07 20:31
Well basically I got tired of all the crap that windows came with so I decided to install a customized, clean version. It's been working fine, but I have 1 small prob. It only came with a US keyboard layout/language pack.
I wanna write in greek too, naturally Razz So anyone of you know a way to add that then I'd appreciate if you let me know... I came across a method that involved registry editing etc, but it only contained info about norwegian and not a general, working method, so I had trouble putting it to use

gif help Razz
Pero wrote:
fuckin nub! quit the job, not the guild!!!
Kir > Frequenter (299) > 27/06/07 20:51
Im sorry but Gr33k is not a valid language for any windows software and therefor you will be terminated.

no sorry, no idea. Sad
Oathbreaker > "I TRIED MY BEST" (53) > 27/06/07 21:05

Rightclick your taskbar, go to Toolbars>Language bar.
Go to settings on the language bar (circle bottom right of the screenie) and you'll see the options menu I'm showing. Here you can add your Greek language/keyboard settings Smile
Borgmeister > Frequenter (482) > 27/06/07 21:11
Got an torrent link to that "clean" version and perhaps a list of what was stripped out, I would be most interested to find out what its about.
Akron > TROLL (1560) > 27/06/07 21:23
Wish it was that simple Oath, the keyboard layout files that are necessary for that aren't included in my installation, thanks anyway Wink

But anyway, I stole some dll's and registry keys from fenris and that got it working Razz

@Borg:
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3682964/Windows_XP_Essential_2_Integrated_Through_May_3__NO_CD-KEY__WGA_
You can get the torrent there, along with some info.

It really is much more than a stripped version, the looks are Vista-ish, but it's very stable.

edit: Hm and I'm pretty sure I had a much more detailed and accurate page somewhere but I'm missing the link right now Razz
Pero wrote:
fuckin nub! quit the job, not the guild!!!
online pharmacy usa > Guest () > 27/06/07 22:52
Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
rx online pharmacy no prescription - best no prescription online pharmacy review

Last edited by online pharmacy usa on 20/06/13 13:48; edited 486 times in total
Fenris > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (573) > 28/06/07 00:04
Achron wrote:
But anyway, I stole some dll's and registry keys from fenris and that got it working Razz

That'll be €39.99. Cash. Razz
Oathbreaker > "I TRIED MY BEST" (53) > 28/06/07 14:54
Achron wrote:
Wish it was that simple Oath, the keyboard layout files that are necessary for that aren't included in my installation, thanks anyway Wink

@Borg:
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3682964/Windows_XP_Essential_2_Integrated_Through_May_3__NO_CD-KEY__WGA_
You can get the torrent there, along with some info.

It really is much more than a stripped version, the looks are Vista-ish, but it's very stable.

edit: Hm and I'm pretty sure I had a much more detailed and accurate page somewhere but I'm missing the link right now Razz

Ah I probly didn't read your problem properly Razz Good thing you found the solution despite me Very Happy
That stripped version isn't that special though. It's gotten a skin and some utility programs and "Numerous Tweaks to Registry to Enhance Usability". I hate it when they don't summarize all changes, but that's just because I'm a controlfreak Razz But if someone doesn't want to go through the trouble of doing these changes in windows themselves and trusts this compilation, then it seems like a good option Smile

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: