Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > Hey guys a few questions I have

ihavoki > Peon (7) > 12/06/07 16:52
Hey guys, I want to congratulate you on your Rage winterchill kill.
I play on a US server so I am not applying or anything. I watched the Kael video that one of the mages made. I noticed you were arcane/frost and I was wondering how do you hit for 2k? MY mage is 10/48/3 and I'm hitting for the same amount you guys are hitting for and i'm deep fire. I also have the full spellfire/spellstrike set.

How do you guys hit so hard with frost spec?

Thx in advance and GL with the rest Hyjal and GL with black temple
Borgmeister > Frequenter (482) > 12/06/07 17:16
Hey, im glad you enjoyed my movie. :>

Without reigniting (no pun intended) the Frost vs Fire debate, the majority of Loot FTW mages are Frost specced. Reason? Fire does not consistently beat it, especially on solo target.

I have not looked at your profile so I do not know your gear, however I run around with ~1150 Frost Damage and 26.67% critical strike chance. Others in the guild have more.

Damage cap in raids is very easy to reach now, there being only limited options to buff oneself above their gear. In the Kael'thas kill this week I was buffed with: Flask of Supreme Power (70spelldamage), Blackened Basilisk Steak (23spelldamage) and Superior Wizard Oil (42 spelldamage). Now, my damage will ofcourse increase during the fight in part because I attain the Staff of Disintegration which is a significant damage buff.

Your fireballs should Frontload for more than my Frostbolts if gear is equalized. However in your raids check that Curse of Elements is up, and if you are Fire that you keep Improved Scorch up on the mob. Otherwise, do the right thing and spec Frost.

It is also worth considering that 10/48/3 and variations of it are pure "Glass Cannon". Eschewing mana efficiency, mana pool, survivability and relying on large quantities of similarly specced mages to maximise its potential. Many fights in WoW now have significant AoE sections which is where deep Arcane really shines, additional crit, 21additional mana and additional critdamage.

Precis; spec Frost. Wink
ihavoki > Peon (7) > 12/06/07 18:25
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Stonemaul&n=Posideon

Thats the link to my armory. I am thinking of respecing to this but don't want to at the same time seeing how Hydross in the water stage is immune to frost would screw me up real badly and I don't want to farm all the mats for FSW set.
Borgmeister > Frequenter (482) > 13/06/07 12:58
There are other, more elegant solutions to Hydross that don't impinge on frosts abilities. Wink
Airya > Peon (39) > 14/06/07 08:59
or in simple terms, very good gear + full pots + fullraids buff = 2k frostbolts :p

my fireballs hit for about 3k raid buffed i think (inc scorches :'( ) running @ 1060ish to fire.

NB: wrath of air totem is a buff you may not always get in your group/raid and you can easily be out of range of it in some fights; this is a nice boost to your nuke dmg (~120 more dmg on top of your fireball as a base).

Last edited by Airya on 16/06/07 11:51; edited 1 time in total
Borgmeister > Frequenter (482) > 14/06/07 13:13
I didn't have WoA for Kael, nor a Shadowpriest. :'(
killjoy > "I TRIED MY BEST" (201) > 14/06/07 18:29
I think we may be forgetting
[item]infinity blade[/item]
Borgmeister > Frequenter (482) > 14/06/07 23:25
We are not.
ihavoki > Peon (7) > 16/06/07 21:14
I watched the videos in Mar's POV. Those are just as good. How did you guys down Hydross with the mages? That must have been a pain.
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 16/06/07 21:38
ihavoki wrote:
I watched the videos in Mar's POV. Those are just as good. How did you guys down Hydross with the mages? That must have been a pain.

Watch the movie and see for yourself (2nd news page). Imo, it looks pretty easymode.
valtrex online > Guest () > 19/06/07 09:47
Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
valtrex no prescription buy online - buy valacyclovir online no prescription

Last edited by valtrex online on 20/06/13 12:41; edited 362 times in total
ihavoki > Peon (7) > 19/06/07 19:35
Hmmm, would you guys (directed toward the mages) suggest this spec with a few changes to the gear? I could easily get the robes off of Hydross since my guild has him/her on farm. The belt, I can make the Gridle of Ruination, and the gloves I would have to find something.
I tried this spec once with trash gear and I didn't like it too much but that is because I didn't do much damage.
Borgmeister > Frequenter (482) > 19/06/07 20:13
Which spec? You have not made a link. Regarding the gear, if you can make the Girdle of Ruination, you should. If you are going to spec to Frost, either 40/0/21 or 10/0/51 you should move across to Shadoweave Tailoring for the interim, at least for the chest, or if you wish to go more cheaply you can collect the Tier4 chestpiece from Magtheridon.

The only upgrades past that are the deep TK items. Ofcourse I am unaware of your guilds current level of progress.
ihavoki > Peon (7) > 20/06/07 16:00
Borgmeister wrote:
Which spec? You have not made a link. Regarding the gear, if you can make the Girdle of Ruination, you should. If you are going to spec to Frost, either 40/0/21 or 10/0/51 you should move across to Shadoweave Tailoring for the interim, at least for the chest, or if you wish to go more cheaply you can collect the Tier4 chestpiece from Magtheridon.

The only upgrades past that are the deep TK items. Ofcourse I am unaware of your guilds current level of progress.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=Rf0E00fzxIziZZVVMc0f0o

That was the build i was thinking of. We are currently on Leotheras but we downed Void Reaver last night. We had 15 people attuned to the Eye but after the patch we decided to go ahead and get him since he was an easy boss. Yea we did Mag right after VR and the robes dropped but my computer crashed so I couldn't bid dkp on the item Sad. However I am not planning on going FSW, i'll probably snag the robes from Hydross.
Borgmeister > Frequenter (482) > 20/06/07 16:09
Ah, yes, the Robe of Hateful Echos, totally forgot about that one. :<
ihavoki > Peon (7) > 20/06/07 21:57
Yea, I plan on going up to the max dkp if needed for those lol.

Oh and grats on your latest Black Temple Kills.

And mar, great editing on the movies.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: