Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > Low wow FPS

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Shinzon > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (609) > 07/06/07 19:41
Name says it all.
After some time of play i get 1-3 fps, unplayable if i get out to windows i can see all of my RAM is used.
When its normal i still have lower than usual fps, and "tearing" when i move.
This all is happening from the last patch.

I tryed:
Deleteing: WTF, Cache and Interface folder.
Tryed all from this post http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html;jsessionid=2BC00E0ADBBAAD5BA338ADA142FEBB11.app09_02?topicId=292169679&sid=1&pageNo=2
Edited a row in my WTF folder config file cant remmember wich one but it didnt work.
Switched my RAM memmory, switched my RAM memmory position.
Reinstalled my wow and addons.

Anyone got any more bright ideas? Cos this pisses me off so much i might quit this piece of shit game cos of it.

EDIT: Also i can barely load any BG when i enter,and i have a nvidia card.

Last edited by Shinzon on 07/06/07 22:06; edited 2 times in total
Shinzon > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (609) > 07/06/07 19:41
P.S. Dont troll and spam crap plz.
Kheldan > "I TRIED MY BEST" (221) > 07/06/07 19:45
How much RAM have you got?

Hopefully it's just something Blizzard messed up and gets fixred in 2.1.1. Wink
Vad gör du när Kheldan gör jobbet?
Shinzon > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (609) > 07/06/07 19:51
Yeah they did since there are alot of blue posts, but i want to see if there is anything i didnt do and try it out.
But IMO they arent working fast enough on it cos the game is almost unplayable, so im paying for a game wich give crap performance and i cant play for some weeks now.

I have 2gb ram.
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 07/06/07 21:17
After the last 2 patches my fps has gone from 30fps in raids down to 10-15 (depending on which instance). No new addons or anything (even removed stuff like swstats etc). No fucking clue what it is, but ya, its bloody..
Hornblower > Frequenter (300) > 07/06/07 23:17
In 2.1 blizzard changed the way the game handles memory garbage collection. The garbage collection is as good as unnoticeable now and is what players before would experience as a small pause in the game depending on the amount of garbage.
It wouldn't surprise me if they somehow made a memory bug while they were at it seeing as many ppl are having the same fps and memory problems just after this fix was in place.

Btw Shinzon have u tried playing without alt-tabbing. As in restarting the computer, launching the game and not alt tab at all?
I know alt tabbing caused a lot of crash errors.
I am the casual ownage!

"THE PEOPLE ITALIANS ..want italy server !!!!"
Shinzon > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (609) > 07/06/07 23:39
yeah i did still happens, some say alt tabbing makes the problem come up but it didnt for me tryed to force it
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 08/06/07 00:17
Not sure if its related, but the last few days my game has been crashing allmost every time i alt tab.
order avodart > Guest () > 08/06/07 08:02
Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
buy cheap avodart no prescription - cheap avodart online pharmacy

Last edited by order avodart on 20/06/13 14:37; edited 1404 times in total
Sayana > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (697) > 08/06/07 12:10
Got Windows Vista? A friend of mine installed it and it went great for the first few weeks, and then the lag got immense.

Other than that I got no clue. Laughing
Shinzon > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (609) > 08/06/07 12:54
no i dont have vista, and lag is not one of the simptoms
Hornblower > Frequenter (300) > 08/06/07 13:24
darchon wrote:
Not sure if its related, but the last few days my game has been crashing allmost every time i alt tab.

That's not related to Shinzon and Lapins problem.
The crash bug can be almost fixed by removing this line in the ..\World of Warcraft\WTF\Config.wtf file:
SET Basemip ”1”

The crash can still occur though at least thats my experience but it is a lot less.
Also i have experienced that if i in the wow "Video Options" set the "Texture Detail" slider to low i can still get crashes now and then. I get as good as none when it is on high.
I am the casual ownage!

"THE PEOPLE ITALIANS ..want italy server !!!!"
Sanderu > Peon (7) > 12/06/07 10:12
I heard a /console reloadui temporary gets your FPS back up. Haven't tested it myself though, so ye I guess it definatly has to do with what Blizzard did to UI Memory handling last patch.
Kathleen (70 Priest)
Airya > Peon (39) > 14/06/07 09:22
I've noticed pretty shitty FPS recently, i think it started since going to SSC. At first it was only on Leo when i was in unleash but since then it seemed to get more and more regular to the stage where i easly get 5-10 fps most fights in raids. I've always ran at 1600x1200 and had a decent enough (not megaawesome) framerate but the speed has slowly deteriorated.
denyffishh > Guest () > 14/06/07 10:11
Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Alaska - an excellent place for active recreation! Particularly among entertainment in Alaska certainly stands out fishing! Alaska Fishing is fundamentally different from that of fishing, to which we are accustomed to in their own homes, in their waters. This is indeed Activities and a great way to feel the spirit of Alaska - that beautiful and unique land!
The best time for fishing in Alaska - from April to September!

Last edited by denyffishh on 08/10/08 18:52; edited 3 times in total
Joppis > "I TRIED MY BEST" (51) > 14/06/07 10:25
Oi shinzon, are you sure it's just not brainlag? :PPPPPP
Raiding is hard, sometimes there is fire. You have to not be in the fire!!
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 14/06/07 10:38
Hornblower wrote:
darchon wrote:

The crash bug can be almost fixed by removing this line in the ..\World of Warcraft\WTF\Config.wtf file:
SET Basemip ”1”

The crash can still occur though at least thats my experience but it is a lot less.
Also i have experienced that if i in the wow "Video Options" set the "Texture Detail" slider to low i can still get crashes now and then. I get as good as none when it is on high.

I tried removing the line, but it wasnt there (atleast it didnt show up on searches, and i read thru the file and didnt see it). Gonna try the texture detail, and see if that helps.
Shinzon > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (609) > 14/06/07 12:50
darchon wrote:
Hornblower wrote:
darchon wrote:

SET Basemip ”1”

I tried removing the line, but it wasnt there (atleast it didnt show up on searches, and i read thru the file and didnt see it). Gonna try the texture detail, and see if that helps.

Adding the line SET Basemip ”0” should work if its not there.
Related to my problem, for the memmory usage disabling all out of date addons helped a little. Still need to try out what gonna happen in raids though.
Mar > WANNABE TROLL (1414) > 14/06/07 13:03
ShaelTal wrote:
Im running the game with DX 10, GeForce 8800 GTX at max resolution, and before the last patch I had excellent fps. After the last patch my fps has dropped as well, and in raids I'm on 30-20 fps, where it was a lot higher before.. Sad
its something with the patch, I have no clue what but it sucks ass.

lol. I have 50 fps in raids. It's a l2p issue.
You forget one thing: Rock crushes scissors. But paper covers rock... and scissors cuts paper...
Kiff, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper... and bring me a rock.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Sayana > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (697) > 14/06/07 22:13
The lack in L2P is clearly showing.
Seriously Shael..

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: