Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > Good read from a casual pov

Chasy > WANNABE TROLL (1482) > 04/04/08 13:54
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=3508231524&sid=1
Retired gnome
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 04/04/08 14:12
The person that wrote that is in a RP guild, and seems to be in the game in order to use it as a social medium.

That's not what is meant with 'casuals getting what raiders get'.

Ofcourse you're not going to get any rewards if you don't actually play the game.
Silra - Draenei Shaman
Skwittle - Gnome Warrior
Chasy > WANNABE TROLL (1482) > 04/04/08 14:28
That wasn't really my point. My point was that this whole "lol casual free T6 lol nref" thing is highly exaggerated.
Retired gnome
bellator > TROLL (1553) > 04/04/08 16:24
Personally, i think the "lol casual free T6 lol nref" that most people use is from the wrong perspective.

Pre TBC to have the best loot you needed 1)time 2)Committment (to a guild and it's raiding schedule) and 3) skill to complete the hardest of the hard instances (eg naxx).

Nowadays with tier 6 equivalent loot being obtainable through badges and badges being obtainable from heroics (and heck there are even now some dailey quests which give a chance to get badges without even killing monsters!!!) it now means that the level of committment needed to get the best loot has been removed as you can do heroics whenever you have an hour free, and the level of skill needed to get the best loot has been removed, as you can just run the easiest of heroics to get the badges each day.

Nowadays the best loot is obtainable through time and time alone. And this is the crux of the problem

A true casual who plays 2 hours per week wont get this loot due to lack of time, but a casual who plays the lower levels of the end game (easy heroics) for long periods of time will get the best loot.

People shouldnt whine at casuals at that creates a whole hardcore vs casual segregation, but should whine at the god awful design choice changes Blizzard made.
Akron > TROLL (1560) > 04/04/08 17:35
I'd post this in the original thread, but there's no point really. Basically the OP is full of shit, but he presents his shit in such a nice way that every wanna-be open-minded forum lurker suddenly sees the light and agrees with him.

He basically confirms every claim about the game becoming increasingly casual-friendly in his "I thank Blizzard for blah blah" paragraph.
The fact that he can't get 10 or 25 non-retarded people together has nothing to do with his active playtime. The fact that his guild is completely shit and hasn't even set foot in karazhan yet is way beyond "being casual". Casuals do that shit with their eyes closed nowadays.

This guy is basically telling us "I don't play the game and I still don't have t6 mailed to me so stop whining". He completely ignores the fact that it is perfectly accessible to him only he can't be arsed to go get it. Nobody ever said that it won't take time for them to get it. It probably takes them more time than the "no-lifer raiders" spend raiding in the long run. This is another point though and he actually does manages to prove that:

The term "casual" is often miss-used in WoW. Most of those welfare "average joes" aren't casual at all. They're more like scrubs.
Pero wrote:
fuckin nub! quit the job, not the guild!!!
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 04/04/08 18:17
Chasy wrote:
That wasn't really my point. My point was that this whole "lol casual free T6 lol nref" thing is highly exaggerated.

Well yes, as far as badge rewards go it isn't all that bad as people make it out as. You need five full kara runs to get enough badges for one good item, or tons of heroic runs.

But the poster of that topic can't even muster the commitment to do 10 or more arena games per week with a regular crew, and arena items are just free loot no matter how you look at it. Anyone can get a full set minus the shoulder and weapon before each season is over, with a bare minimum of effort. Do a bit more effort, or get the two missing pieces through other means (badges) and you're done. And you really only need one or two evenings per week to achieve this, and apart from those last two item slots, actual skill or effort (besides time investment) is a complete non-issue. On top of it the gear you get with it is -more- versatile than raiding gear. Only tanks can't use (this ilvl 140-150) the free gear to perform adequately in the vast majority of pve and pvp content combined.
Silra - Draenei Shaman
Skwittle - Gnome Warrior

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: