Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > Mage news in 2.0.6

Mar > WANNABE TROLL (1414) > 21/01/07 09:49
Quote:
* Each rank of "Improved Fireball" now reduces your spell damage coefficient by 2%.
* Each rank of "Improved Frostbolt" now reduces your spell damage coefficient by 2%.

This basically means that if you have full imp frost/fireball you get a 10% nerf of +dmggear on those spells. I find this quite unfair compared to for example warlocks who doesn't get this "nerf".

Quote:
* "Counterspell" no longer triggers the global cooldown.

To quote Tseric: "Cooldown on GDC was a philosophy decision. They decided to agree with you. Wink "

Quote:
* "Mana Shield" now absorbs magical damage as well as physical damage.

I'll quote Tseric again: "Mana shield. You guys have been asking for caster defense in PvP for a while, right? Well, there is something to that effect."

Oh btw: Nerf to hunters and priests -- overall good changes, mostly pvp tho. You can read the whole list here:
http://www.worldofraids.com/v2/
You forget one thing: Rock crushes scissors. But paper covers rock... and scissors cuts paper...
Kiff, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper... and bring me a rock.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Akron > TROLL (1560) > 21/01/07 11:10
Quote:
This basically means that if you have full imp frost/fireball you get a 10% nerf of +dmggear on those spells. I find this quite unfair compared to for example warlocks who doesn't get this "nerf".

Yes, seeing as the warlock dot coefficient nerf was applied to priests too... oh wait

edit: just saw that they nerfed the dmg coefficient on swp by 9%.. well, 9% on one spell < 30% on two (plus minor nerfs in others) so I stand by my previous argument Razz

ps: Wanna borrow my lake of tears?
Pero wrote:
fuckin nub! quit the job, not the guild!!!
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 21/01/07 11:19
Quote:
* Players will no longer lose control of their character if they tryto talk to an NPC while mobs are aggro on them.

I had that yesterday, it was as if I was suddenly mindcontrolled. Smile
Kir > Frequenter (299) > 22/01/07 11:48
so no global CD or pummel/shield bash too then`? kick?
Sayana > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (697) > 23/01/07 04:20
only counterspell. mages havent had their spell interrupt on gcd ever till a patch or 2 ago :p

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: