Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > Instance leveling in TBC

Mar > WANNABE TROLL (1414) > 11/01/07 05:29
I've read that if you get a good group together it might be more XP pr. hour by doing this than pure questing/solo grinding - due to the fact that zones will be overcrowded and laggy, horde etc.

Mainly level 60-63.

Anyone got some input on this?Razz
You forget one thing: Rock crushes scissors. But paper covers rock... and scissors cuts paper...
Kiff, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper... and bring me a rock.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 11/01/07 09:56
mar wrote:
it might be more XP pr. hour due to the fact that zones will be overcrowded.

It's only common sense that closed instances are the least troublesome way to get XP under those conditions.

Ofcourse the most XP-efficient way to do it is to do instances at prime time when questing is an annoyance, and then do outdoor quests in a 5-man group during daytime or if at all possible nighttime.
Hornblower > Frequenter (300) > 11/01/07 15:08
What exactly will the Heroic difficulty change in an instance?
I know it will be harder ofc but i was thinking more of if loots, xp, quests will be affected by this?
I am the casual ownage!

"THE PEOPLE ITALIANS ..want italy server !!!!"
LoD > "I TRIED MY BEST" (158) > 11/01/07 15:24
afaik heroic is better loot level 70 mobs harder(DOOH)
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 11/01/07 16:02
Hornblower wrote:
What exactly will the Heroic difficulty change in an instance?

Turns all instances into level 70 ones, adds some extra HP onto all mobs on top of that, and makes the boss scripts harder/more complex.

And the loot is a lot better as a result too.

Basically, they've done everything to make all instances viable at level 70, without having to redesign the mobs and environment.
Bionix > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (822) > 11/01/07 18:28
mar wrote:
I've read that if you get a good group together it might be more XP pr. hour by doing this than pure questing/solo grinding - due to the fact that zones will be overcrowded and laggy, horde etc.

Mainly level 60-63.

Anyone got some input on this?Razz

If you have norma leveling, then I would say its about the same as questing, however considering how laggy our server will be, and how crowded with retarded hordies our server will be, I would say that doing instances will probably be more exp/hr
Larona > Peon (22) > 14/01/07 12:37
to heroics:

Heroic Five Mans, what you need to know, and what you should expect.

Quote:

First, you need to have a key. The key is aquired (generally) by running whatever instance it is you want to run on heroic, on normal a few dozen times until you aquire revered reputation with the faction associated with that instance. For coilfang, it's cenarion expedition. For Shadow Labyrinth, it's Lower City. For Shattered Halls, Honor Hold.

So once you have the key, you're ready to go?

Stop. Go back to your bank and collect your naxx consumables, you'll want them.

bellator > TROLL (1553) > 14/01/07 12:50
They've upped the XP from questing in TBC. What it means is that in theory questing in an area is the fastest way to level, with instance runs used to boost you up when the quests run dry. Rep gain is also better through questing.

However depending on how packed areas are, then questing might not be possible for a short while at least
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 14/01/07 13:56
bellator wrote:
However depending on how packed areas are, then questing might not be possible for a short while at least

It's probably going to be a nightmare in the first week... Wink
Kir > Frequenter (299) > 14/01/07 14:18
In Soviet Russia everything is a pain the first week.
Alinoe > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (571) > 14/01/07 14:33
Just reroll and no problemo xD (Atleast I can move to another area in the game to level if the Dreanei area is too crowded :P)
(>*!*)>

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: