Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > qtkCkTEhEADOeOO

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 19/11/06 16:28
darchon wrote:
Ye, like being able to reflect spells with a shield and.. oh wait.

Spell reflect does not work on spells that are midair. It's an activated skill that creates a huge yellow glowing shield in front of you, and then waits for someone to cast something at you within a four second timeframe.

It's even more useless than retalliation, especially since anyone can just do a rank 1 instant spell on you to remove it.
Akron > TROLL (1560) > 19/11/06 16:34
Skwittle wrote:
darchon wrote:
Ye, like being able to reflect spells with a shield and.. oh wait.

Spell reflect does not work on spells that are midair. It's an activated skill that creates a huge yellow glowing shield in front of you, and then waits for someone to cast something at you within a four second timeframe.

It's even more useless than retalliation, especially since anyone can just do a rank 1 instant spell on you to remove it.

Same goes for everything that affects spells, like curses, vulnerabilities etc. They aren't affected if it's cast/applied while the spell is mid-air, so I guess it's more like a game mechanics fault. Then again, you can always put it up 0,3seconds before that frostbolt flies, right?
Pero wrote:
fuckin nub! quit the job, not the guild!!!
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 19/11/06 16:46
Achron wrote:
Then again, you can always put it up 0,3seconds before that frostbolt flies, right?

It's an extremely obvious graphic, much more so than retalliation.
Nara > Frequenter (293) > 19/11/06 17:27
Frost Reflectors trinkets works if the spell is mid-air, quite sure...
Iceblock also works if the spell is mid-air, diffrent thing perhaps..

Anyway,
Rank 1 instant spell... Rank 1 fireblast or what?
An axe by any other name would cleave as sweet.
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 19/11/06 19:10
Nara wrote:
Frost Reflectors trinkets works if the spell is mid-air, quite sure...
Iceblock also works if the spell is mid-air, diffrent thing perhaps..

Anyway,
Rank 1 instant spell... Rank 1 fireblast or what?

And this skill doesn't work in mid air, it's different.
And whichever spell, the ability doesn't distinguish.
Akron > TROLL (1560) > 19/11/06 22:25
Then again, even if you did put it up 0,3s before that fireball went off, the mage could prolly waste it with a fireblast before the fireball landed. Oh well Razz
Pero wrote:
fuckin nub! quit the job, not the guild!!!
Mar > WANNABE TROLL (1414) > 20/11/06 09:52
ShaelTal wrote:
It doesnt seem like any of you has taken into consideration that the blood elves are being able to play mages as well, and that they can insta silence people with a two minute cooldown.

I think this may have something to do with the CS nerf, or as blizzard calls it, correction.

Wrong. They are doing this out of "consistency". Funny thing which Kalgan is being flamed for now is his reply quoted earlier in Nara's post:

Quote:
There's certainly no question that counterspell being on the GCD doesn't improve the ability in any way. For us, it's more of a question of consistency. Other classes have their interrupts on the GCD (other than cases where the pet is casting it), and even though there is some variation regarding how impactful that is, other classes are often caught in the global cooldown when they want to interrupt a spell yet they deal with it, and spells still get inetrrupted by things like earth shock, pummel, and kick. None of those abilities had their duration vs cooldown ratio extended to "compensate" since when we determined the duration/cooldown for CS we assumed it was on the GCD, it was simply an oversight that it wasn't.

Thats like the devs saying "Lol, we assumed it was always like that, but no one here plays one so we never actually knew."

^^

Kalgan's post was ment as a "chill-pill" for mages, but it seems it just made things worse. Oh well, we'll see what happends!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=47160568&pageNo=24&sid=1#461
You forget one thing: Rock crushes scissors. But paper covers rock... and scissors cuts paper...
Kiff, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper... and bring me a rock.
-- Zapp Brannigan
blem > WANNABE TROLL (1020) > 20/11/06 15:50
tbh i lol at this, all i hear is mages are the most powerfull class in tbc and then theres this thread where mages whine that they get nerfed.

A mmorpg works like this: Every patch weak classes get buffed, strong classes get nurfed, when power shift the nerf/buffing shift and the cycle of the patch go on, stop the whine here and start playing, if you want to whine go to the mage forum where someone that can actuly do something about it might read it and keep posting actual news and idears for new spec of classes here.
Mar > WANNABE TROLL (1414) > 20/11/06 21:43
blem wrote:
tbh i lol at this, all i hear is mages are the most powerfull class in tbc and then theres this thread where mages whine that they get nerfed.

A mmorpg works like this: Every patch weak classes get buffed, strong classes get nurfed, when power shift the nerf/buffing shift and the cycle of the patch go on, stop the whine here and start playing, if you want to whine go to the mage forum where someone that can actuly do something about it might read it and keep posting actual news and idears for new spec of classes here.

Oh that was totally uncalled for, you just got yourself a 2 day ban from the forums!
You forget one thing: Rock crushes scissors. But paper covers rock... and scissors cuts paper...
-- Zapp Brannigan
blem > WANNABE TROLL (1020) > 20/11/06 21:59
mar wrote:
blem wrote:

Oh that was totally uncalled for, you just got yourself a 2 day ban from the forums!

QQ emo
Teddybear > "I TRIED MY BEST" (132) > 21/11/06 17:09
blem wrote:
mar wrote:
blem wrote:

QQ emo

Lol xD
Fenris > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (573) > 23/11/06 08:51
Cant say I have alot of experience in the beta or have read anything at all but I am very impressed with what I've seen (my mage is 68 ). Ice lance has to be the most imbalanced spell in the history of WoW (yes I said it warlocks, beats DC Razz). I heard something about adding a cast time to it though which sounds like a reasonable idea. I'm killing mobs in very little time with very little mana usage.

I'm not gonna comment any PvP stuff cause I don't care the slightest, but in a PvE perspective I'm very pleased atm. Might change if Ice Lance gets nerfed. ^^
Mar > WANNABE TROLL (1414) > 23/11/06 10:32
Im playing around with specs for 1.13 or 2.0 patch or whatever its called.

1) Full frost PVE friendly:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-mage/talents.html?2300050000000000000000000000000000000000000000535020310232010251051

2) Arcane/Frost, experimental:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-mage/talents.html?2300550000230140330020000000000000000000000000535000300200000000000

3) Full fire PVE friendly:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-mage/talents.html?2300040000000000000000050520200230133005312500000000000000000000000

I like 1) most Surprised
-- Zapp Brannigan
Fenris > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (573) > 23/11/06 23:52
mar wrote:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-mage/talents.html?2300050000000000000000000000000000000000000000535020310232010251051

No frostbite 2p shatter?
Mar > WANNABE TROLL (1414) > 24/11/06 10:19
Fenris wrote:

No frostbite 2p shatter?

Doesnt really matter either way, they are filler points:p
-- Zapp Brannigan
Fenris > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (573) > 24/11/06 21:08
mar wrote:
Fenris wrote:

No frostbite 2p shatter?

Doesnt really matter either way, they are filler points:p

When leveling? Hell no.
Mar > WANNABE TROLL (1414) > 25/11/06 00:52
Fenris wrote:

When leveling? Hell no.

Ok, let me quote myself^^

Mar wrote:

-- Zapp Brannigan
Fenris > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (573) > 25/11/06 02:14
Alright. I really thought this was a BC thread in a BC forum but hey maybe my eyes are decieving me.

edit: 500th post! Eat that!
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 25/11/06 02:19
609 in yo'face!!

Last edited by darchon on 25/11/06 08:16; edited 1 time in total
Fenris > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (573) > 25/11/06 07:20
darchon wrote:
609 in yo'face!

I have 500 quality posts. You have 600 one-liners. Laughing

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: