Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > Ashbringer - Scarlet Monastery event.

Kheldan > "I TRIED MY BEST" (221) > 10/11/06 04:45
When entering the Cathedral Wing of Scarlet Monastery with a groupmember having the Corrupted Ashbringer equipped makes the normally hostile mobs turn friendly. We made a group and walked into the cathedral for some family drama entertainment!

Heres the frapsed movie for all to enjoy:
http://mirrors.akatanomastos.net/lootftw/Ashbringer/ash.wmv
Vad gör du när Kheldan gör jobbet?
Kir > Frequenter (299) > 10/11/06 11:34
So is there a questchain or anything?
bellator > TROLL (1553) > 10/11/06 11:59
No there isn't a quest chain yet.

The guy in the SM says that ths corrupted ashbringer can not be cleansed, but perhaps another one can be made.

He tells me to go find Mograine's other son in the Outland, but it's not a quest, just part of the speech he gives.

Now, the question is do you need the sword to be able to activate a quest chain of some kind with Mograine's other son in the outlands.... this remains to be seen.
Alinoe > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (571) > 10/11/06 12:42
Other son? I didn't even know he had a son >_>

Edit: Oh wait ofcourse nvm :P

Last edited by Alinoe on 10/11/06 12:46; edited 1 time in total
(>*!*)>
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 10/11/06 12:45
bellator wrote:
Now, the question is do you need the sword to be able to activate a quest chain of some kind with Mograine's other son in the outlands.... this remains to be seen.

Well, Blizzard has been known to do weirder things...

But it strikes me as odd to add content to the burning crusade endgame (the npc isn't in the to-level-67 stuff in the beta or someone would have found it) that requires a low-percentage drop from an instance that blizzard has said is 'to be done only for nostalgic reasons' when the expansion is released.
bellator > TROLL (1553) > 10/11/06 13:28
Skwittle wrote:
Well, Blizzard has been known to do weirder things...

But it strikes me as odd to add content to the burning crusade endgame (the npc isn't in the to-level-67 stuff in the beta or someone would have found it) that requires a low-percentage drop from an instance that blizzard has said is 'to be done only for nostalgic reasons' when the expansion is released.

Whilst the npc is not currently in pre level 67, it doesn't necessarily mean that he is in the later content. It could well be that Blizzard is just as of yet to add him to the game.

As for nostalgia, 2 of the current 3 legendaries require low percentage drops from an instance that is only done for nostalgia reasons. And in Thunderfury we have seen a drop from one instance that is not convertable into a legendary until a later instance.

At the moment, TF and Hand of Rag are currently more prevalent outside end games guild due to their lack of raiding in MC. With Naxx becoming a ghost town in BC, Atiesh will be a legendary only held by members of high end guilds during th Naxx period. It all boils down to whether they want Ashbringer to be like Ateish, all the first attainable by all legendary of BC.

At the end of the day it's all speculation, and Blizz could go either way, or even both and make multiple paths to the same item. I'm guessing Blizz will probably go the route where corrupted ashbringer plays no part in the quest line. I'm just happy having stolen Mograine's sword Smile

p.s. hope you put some good music on that vid Kheldan.
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 10/11/06 16:44
bellator wrote:
As for nostalgia, 2 of the current 3 legendaries require low percentage drops from an instance that is only done for nostalgia reasons.

At the end of the day it's all speculation, and Blizz could go either way, or even both and make multiple paths to the same item. I'm guessing Blizz will probably go the route where corrupted ashbringer plays no part in the quest line. I'm just happy having stolen Mograine's sword Smile

Yeah I know. I'm not certain yet.

However, as to all other existing legendaries (with the exception of the 'teleport' on atiesh), they'll be obsolete (as per design) once the expansion goes live, so that's not an argument.
Nara > Frequenter (293) > 10/11/06 18:10
noes! You left out the part where bellator read the dialogue on vent =(
An axe by any other name would cleave as sweet.
Kheldan > "I TRIED MY BEST" (221) > 10/11/06 18:16
Nara wrote:
noes! You left out the part where bellator read the dialogue on vent =(

Although it was all very interesting, frapsing it would make the movie a full time feature in the like of 'Gone With The Wind' or 'Ben-Hur'.
Also, I didnt record sound so even though I have that part frapsed, unfortunately its without sound. Sad

Bellator wrote:
p.s. hope you put some good music on that vid Kheldan. =(

It's some generic tracks from the game.
Vad gör du när Kheldan gör jobbet?
Tobab > "I TRIED MY BEST" (224) > 14/11/06 22:04
The other son is actually in the beta, in the first instance in Caverns of Time you can see both his sons, and fairbanks, kel'thuzad, nat pagle and another bunch of known npc's.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: