Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > Tier 4 News

bellator > TROLL (1553) > 19/10/06 10:22
Direct Quote from Blizz:-

"There is a tier 4 set for most builds for each class. The boss drops a "token" for a certain slot for a certain set of classes (it's not really called a "token", but I'm speaking of it mechanically here), which you then turn in for the type of set piece of your choice (ie: for a warrior, the tanking plate or the dps plate, or for a druid you choose between the healing, moonkin, or feral gear)."

Linkies ftw: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=35964680&postId=356916723&sid=1#49
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 19/10/06 10:42
Awesome.

Now ofcourse the question remains what happens when (ofcourse) you want more than one set of gear. Say, a warrior tank set for tanking AND a dps set for dppsing.

The quest should be repeatable for that purpose.

Is that mentioned anywhere?
Niralda > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (614) > 19/10/06 11:04
Skwittle wrote:
Awesome.

Now ofcourse the question remains what happens when (ofcourse) you want more than one set of gear. Say, a warrior tank set for tanking AND a dps set for dppsing.

The quest should be repeatable for that purpose.

Is that mentioned anywhere?

Judging from Naxxramas's T3 quests, which are repeatable, I'm pretty sure those would be too.
bellator > TROLL (1553) > 19/10/06 11:18
Yes, it is repeatable. The only problem i forsee is the number of sets people will want:-

Druid - 3 sets
Paladin - 3 sets
Priest - 2 sets
Warrior - 2 sets
Rogue - 1 set
Mage - 1 set
Warlock - 1 set
Hunter - do they wear armour?
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 19/10/06 11:41
bellator wrote:
Druid - 3 sets
Paladin - 3 sets
Priest - 2 sets
Warrior - 2 sets
Rogue - 1 set
Mage - 1 set
Warlock - 1 set
Hunter - do they wear armour?

3 sets for paladin and druid? Considering that you'll have to pay dkp, I'm reasonably sure that everyone will plan ahead at least a little bit and aim for feral+healing or balance+healing but not both.

It would be interesting to see if these tokens are multi-class like aq40 and naxx tokens, and if so what class combinations they are.

We'll just have to see how it works out with dkp. Guilds should probably work out a new dkp value method that works fairly with this type of itemization.
Sayana > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (697) > 19/10/06 12:42
i dont see the reason in working it out so a warrior or priest get both sets dirt cheap but same price altogether as a mage who takes 1. Surprised

the role you chose is the gear you take imo. tanks get tank gear and dps warriors take the dps plate. if you dont think its fair pick a class that meets up to your demand and has only 1 steady role in a raid. Very Happy
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 19/10/06 14:15
The best way to solve it dkp-wise is to let the 2nd/3rd item of a particular slot be free or very cheap, aslong as nobody else needs for first piece and you allready have that slot covered.
Mar > WANNABE TROLL (1414) > 19/10/06 15:02
darchon wrote:
The best way to solve it dkp-wise is to let the 2nd/3rd item of a particular slot be free or very cheap, aslong as nobody else needs for first piece and you allready have that slot covered.

Correct. Those with "off-specs" if this will be viable will ofcourse have to chose their way.
You forget one thing: Rock crushes scissors. But paper covers rock... and scissors cuts paper...
Kiff, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper... and bring me a rock.
-- Zapp Brannigan
order avodart > Guest () > 02/11/06 14:04
Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
buy avodart discount - buy avodart prescription

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: