Username: Password:

Forum Index > General Talk > Nax loot priority?

Zaharian > Peon (2) > 03/07/06 05:00
I was wondering if you guys gave priority to any classes in Nax. For example, do you let Warriors roll on stuff before other classes because of it being the biggest upgrade for raid progression? Or just leave it because it will cause all your guildies to bitch? Just wondering because my guild is about to be put in that situation, and well, just wanted to know how you guys handle it.

Thanks,
Zah
Fenris > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (573) > 03/07/06 06:45
DKP always decides.
Niralda > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (614) > 03/07/06 07:09
There are no "forced" priorities on items. If someone has the DKP and wants an item they can get it. That said, progression is something that everyone thinks about, and people can usually judge what items they should pick up and when.

There are three issues I can think, that could arise by placing priorities on items:

1. Potential drama if someone feels their class is treated unfairly (an example being hybrid classes, who could have lower priority than pure-role classes).
2. It would never be fair, because there would be classes who would have high priority to a larger item base than other classes. For example, what kind of priority would you setup for the warriors, who have pretty much exclusive access to all tanking and plate DPS items, without making it unfair for druids and priests who compete both between themselves (for trinkets/rings/necklaces) and between other classes (just thinking of non-class-specific DPS cloth is painful)?
3. It is better for the raid to have a mix of classes performing each role. Priorities would result in having a "best" class (as I described in reason 2.), who would be gearing up faster than the others, creating a gap and making the above point much harder.

Hope I have been helpful Razz
Animarc > "I TRIED MY BEST" (161) > 03/07/06 13:51
Might of menethil is paladin item, kkthx
Zaharian > Peon (2) > 04/07/06 00:45
Yeah, thanks! Figured thats the way to do it. Also, I was looking at your dkp and it doesnt seem you charge for set pieces? Am I looking at that wrong?

And lol @ Animarc Razz
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 04/07/06 01:19
Zaharian wrote:
Yeah, thanks! Figured thats the way to do it. Also, I was looking at your dkp and it doesnt seem you charge for set pieces? Am I looking at that wrong?

And lol @ Animarc Razz

We do charge for set pieces, let me have a look and see what youve misunderstood.
Animarc > "I TRIED MY BEST" (161) > 04/07/06 02:42
We do. For example look at Athene profile, and you will see he lost 40 dkp for the desecrated boots =)

PS: You'll see, MoM paladin world 1st =)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: