Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > Dragon Age

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Alayn > Frequenter (325) > 09/03/11 17:45
My game signature edition just got activated too hehe play time! Razz
I think tristanian nearly finished the game already haha
kyame > Peon (42) > 10/03/11 11:06
i've got the game installed but haven't managed to play it a lot, yet. seems pretty awesome. should just own my weekend for it :p
[G] [85:Zilas]: If I had o right now I'd kick you so hard you'd land in fucking Ronin
lapin > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (626) > 12/03/11 13:39
Wasnt to overly impressed by the game, much of the same old (uped the action part though, but just to please the consollers..).

Couldnt even be arsed to listen to any more convos after half the game, it was just sooo tireing...
Cookies + Beer = Win!
Hps > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (522) > 12/03/11 16:26
Not as good as the first by any means but the combat flow was a lot smoother which was nice.
kyame > Peon (42) > 13/03/11 00:40
i'm getting sick of the kirkwall quests. at least the first game had some other scenery than constant quests in same town. the story is however somewhat nice, but i'd so much rather spend time in other places than in one :< + you can't conversate with your companions like you did in first one, it's a shame! that was fun.
[G] [85:Zilas]: If I had o right now I'd kick you so hard you'd land in fucking Ronin
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 13/03/11 04:34
Finished a playthrough on Nightmare. (the ending wtf?) The characters are really boring this time around, and it sucks you spend so much of the game in the city. With the difficulty the boss fights are pretty nice, just a shame there aren't more instead of so many random mob packs (which get ridiculous when you have 1/2 assassin mobs)

Made a 2nd char (melee rogue) and well... don't ever use more than one melee (tank) in nightmare mode.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 13/03/11 13:54
Nearing the end now, and I am really liking it so far. Agreed that especially the first big where you are getting gold for the expedition is a bit slow, I don't mind the rest of the game being in the city.

Difficulty-wise I am having a hard time comparing to the previous, since I'm playing on console this time. Started out on nightmare, but turned down to hard so I could get the story moving a bit faster.

Will probably retry on Nightmare, but as Aleo says, melee is pretty screwed so not sure what char to pick.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 13/03/11 17:56
Having some issues with a bad bug atm; act 3 after doing the haunted house thingie, Hawke attacks super slow and also casts spells real slow. This makes him sort of useless, and ive not found any way to reverse it. Searching the internets has not given much results, anyone know how to fix?
Aleo > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (884) > 13/03/11 23:02
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/300/index/6459070/5
Quote:
I found a more permanat fix to the problem.
Using the Dragon Age Save game editor (daosavegame.exe)
Look for the Fire Damage Reistance value. It has an ID of 42. Seems Bioware changed the id values for stats and 42 is now Attack speed.
Youll notice that under modifier it has a negative value. Simply change that to 0 and save. And presto, Hawke has normal attack speed again.
Aint i just awesome. took me all 10 min to find and figure out how to fix..

try it.
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 13/03/11 23:30
If only I had the pc version.. bought the game for ps3 instead, and editing saves is a bit harder on console Sad

Managed to finish the game with the bug, annoying but at least it was doable. Ending certainly leaves room for an expansion and lots of dlc Razz
Hps > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (522) > 14/03/11 04:06
I completed it on nightmare several days ago as a rogue and had no problem on any fights. Chain haste / anders sick heals = tad to easy. Only semi challenging fight was rock wraith and the only problem then was making sure the AI would stay behind the pillars. Completely agree with the fact that it is almost entirely side quests which is tedious to say the least.
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 16/03/11 12:31
Almost at the end now, basically taking my time and with the obscene amount of trash and endless waves, I probably won't do my 2nd playthrough on Nightmare. I'm done, I rather play on normal and not waste my time like this. In all honesty, at any difficulty level, there is some form of challenge and then there's stupid. DA2 Nightmare is the second kind. Mobs spawning out of thin air or falling from the ceiling/roof (which kinda makes positioning and planning ahead pointless) and archers that chain pinning shot until your casters are dead (and yes the assassins, oh God the assassins). Moreover, friendly fire from abilities supposed to affect only enemies makes the game more cheesy and frustrating than actually hard, since it's basically the same strategy over and over again aka run to bottleneck (never fight where the mobs spawn), block passage with tank and taunt, aoe, pick off whatever remains, deal with next wave and so on. Lack of the overhead camera just adds insult to injury.

Highlight fights : Rock wraith (at some point I felt I was raiding with 4 people :p), Arishok Duel, Xebenkeck (Forbidden Knowledge endboss that basically summons a Revenant, two Rage Demons and a few abominations and you have to fight them all at the same time, along with the main boss) the rest is either laughable or manageable.

As for the story, it started out as mildly interesting, things got a lot better at the end of act 2, then act 3 has a lot of wtf moments, no where near as good as act 2. The characters aren't really that interesting, mostly due to the narrative disconnecting you from the story. Most "events" in the game feel forced and basically whatever you decide to do, won't really affect the outcome in any significant way. Dialogue is just as clichιd as Origins and at times the responses feel unnatural.

All in all, very much disappointed and eagerly waiting for the Witcher 2 to the set the record straight.
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
darchon > GET A LIFE (2092) > 18/03/11 16:20
Sayana > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (697) > 19/03/11 12:45
Highlight of the game: Isabela
Grunge > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (551) > 29/03/11 01:28
Shieru wrote:
Highlight of the game: Isabela

Eve Myles > Isabela.

Also I agree with Trist that the fights were tedious on nightmare.

Only thing I wish I could've done was pick Bethany over douchebrother.

Since you're stuck with Taliban Anders for the majority of your healing power otherwise (or adding healing to Eve with the console commands).

Still, It was a bit lackluster compared to DA1, partly due to the fact that it felt so "small" in scale.

P.S. Ending was terrible.
Fans glory to the Gladiators,
Gods glory to the Heroes.
Lyyk > Frequenter (454) > 29/03/11 18:40
Grunge wrote:
P.S. Ending was terrible.
So's ur face.

I ran through it as a 2h warrior on nightmare, usualy ran with fenris anders and isabella and went fine, only needed that redhead for some of the big bosses.

Page 5 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jump to: