Username: Password:

Forum Index > News > Mortal Heroes - Kil'jaeden down!

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Mar > WANNABE TROLL (1414) > 02/06/08 22:55
For a long time there was nothing left to do, but to wait for the release of the Sunwell. When it was finally released on the PTR it seemed to be a disaster with undertuned bosses and a gate system that forced guilds to raid the old content people had gotten so tired of once more. Luckily these things got changed and Sunwell turned out to be the greatest instance of TBC with bosses that were actually hard and kept on getting harder while progressing throughout the instance.

Once we reached the final two bosses it got really hard, but no one gave up and M'uru fell, up to then probably the hardest and tightest fight we had ever encountered in all of WoW. Then the final gate fell and we reached Kil'jaeden who turned out to be very hard in a very different way. Without a proper strategy there was no way you could even make it passed phase 2. At the same time the encounter was extremely unforgiving and just one individual being sloppy at any point in time could turn the tide which did happen plenty of times. The last two days were spent either wiping at silly high percentages or sub 20%, but in the end we got the consistency we needed and eventually we wiped at sub 1% with our tank disconnecting and people getting too excited for their own good. With the lessons learned from that wipe we went in again and everything clicked into place. People played as if they had been farming Kil'jaeden for weeks and we killed him with just one death at 1%, a near flawless kill. It seemed so easy even though M'uru and Kil'jaeden are definitely the hardest fights in the World of Warcraft so far.

With Kil'jaeden thrown back into the Twisting Nether we conclude our expedition into the Outlands and will hopefully be leaving for Northrend in less time than it took for Sunwell to be released after Illidan's death.

Now that we have everything down, its time for some casual farming. Everyone did a fantastic job and kept going at it until every boss lay dead at our feet. Keep it up, endure and enjoy the long farm ahead in preparation to once more bang our heads against hopefully very challenging bosses and overcome the challenges ahead as a single unit.

Thanks to all Loot FTW members that gave it all in order to get where we are today and thanks to those outside the guild that supported us throughout our journeys. As for our beloved competition on Twilight's Hammer, may you ravage the Black Temple less in order to progress come Wrath of the Lich King!

As the Kil'jaeden encounter was concluded with a nice piece of RP that for the first time in WoW really added depth to the story line. So will we conclude this news post.

Mortal heroes - your victory here today was foretold long ago. My brother's anguished cry of defeat will echo across the universe - bringing renewed hope to all those who still stand against the Burning Crusade.
As the Legion's final defeat draws ever-nearer, stand proud in the knowledge that you have saved worlds without number from the flame.
Just as this day marks an ending, so too does it herald a new beginning...

See you all in Northrend!

Loot:
[item]Handguards of the Dawn[/item] - Cyosis
[item]Tattered Cape of Antonidas[/item] - Akron
[item]Hammer of Sanctification[/item] - Annarion
[item]Cowl of Gul'dan[/item] - Silra

Movie: -> Loot FTW vs. Kil'Jaeden
Extended version: Mar PoV, including Dragon Controlling + RP event

We are still looking for a pro restoration Shaman. Post your application here.

Oh btw, thanks for killing our server too! Wink
00:04:19 up 36 days, 11:19, 1 user, load average: 49.65, 21.71, 9.16

Last edited by Mar on 09/09/08 10:30; edited 7 times in total
You forget one thing: Rock crushes scissors. But paper covers rock... and scissors cuts paper...
Kiff, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper... and bring me a rock.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Dimloss > Peon (7) > 02/06/08 23:09
Congratulations, fucking well deserved Smile

/Dim
Cole > Frequenter (443) > 02/06/08 23:09
nice work boys and girls.
Kristian > Frequenter (354) > 02/06/08 23:11
FUCK YEAH!
Sayana > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (697) > 02/06/08 23:13
Well done everybody!
tandris > Frequenter (409) > 02/06/08 23:20
YaY bitcheZZZZ!!!!
die plx
Chasy > WANNABE TROLL (1482) > 02/06/08 23:21
Fucking good job!
Retired gnome
Deaden > Frequenter (469) > 02/06/08 23:23
<3
Hanzio > Peon (6) > 02/06/08 23:29
gz
Hanzio > Peon (6) > 02/06/08 23:29
gz
Panos > "I TRIED MY BEST" (78) > 02/06/08 23:35
imba!Very Happy
Porkchopper > Peon (11) > 02/06/08 23:37
grats, my favourite guild

I hope there will be movie soon Smile
Trenver > Peon (3) > 02/06/08 23:43
Congrats Smile
trenlol
crul > "I TRIED MY BEST" (212) > 02/06/08 23:46
gratz guys! Very Happy
Quixoz > WANNABE TROLL (1227) > 03/06/08 00:01
FIRST!!!!!!!!111!
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 03/06/08 00:01
1% wipes suck. Movie is in the works.
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
blem > WANNABE TROLL (1020) > 03/06/08 00:02
gratz guys, now you can go out and enjoy the weather Very Happy
Quixoz > WANNABE TROLL (1227) > 03/06/08 00:07

Like this?
Loradana > Peon (21) > 03/06/08 00:11
GZ!!
Nerevarine > Peon (4) > 03/06/08 01:58
Gz for the kill
Farming inc

PS: Plz dont give loots on ROX he is a lootwhore Razz

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next