Username: Password:

Forum Index > Off Topic > Age of Conan

Fifty > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (824) > 16/05/08 18:34
I remember starting sort of a discussion with Skwittle, Bella, Bionix and someone else somewhere 2-3 months ago, so basicly if you guys are gonna play still, lets get some details out. If you preordered and your credit card didn't malfunction like mine you could pay 5euro for Early Access to the game limited to 100.000 players, giving you access 17.5, 6 days before release, and bonus 10 days of playing, untill you add the game key (which is another 30 days) to your account to continue playing.

Anyhow, rather similar to WoW i'm planing to hit the game early, with all the info from the beta till lvl20 and interest in the game that generally peaked since it has been completely polished with latest couple of 700mb+ patches, added all of Hyborias current content (some info says compared to WoW's pre tbc 180 square 'something', the size of Hyboria is atleast 3 times bigger), being a lot of positive stuff leading to a hopefully great big PvP siege battles, keep wars and instancing.

Obviously like in WoW you'd have to be a carebear to go PvE server with its PvP zones being limited on like 3 maps, the Early Access program gives two servers in european english speaking, Fury and Wildsoul, the first being the most voted one by all of the omfgleetpropwnage kids, mercanery guilds and shit, leaving the second one the reasonable enough option, also choice of more mature like playerbase.

Long story short, Age of Conan, 17.(23.)05., server Wildsoul, hope to see (and kill) some of you there. My most likely choice will be Stygian mage archtype havoc spec Demonologist called Richard! Very Happy

[Croatian]: Jebote gdje ste svi, ima li tko živ od vas na ovom forumu? Dođite na www.aocHR.com, 300+ membera ima trenutno guild i rasturiti cemo sve. Exclamation
supr > "I TRIED MY BEST" (219) > 16/05/08 19:43
Got early access ready. Cya on wildsoul! Unless is gunna be zerged with Russians :\
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 16/05/08 19:44
Fifty wrote:
Obviously like in WoW you'd have to be a carebear to go PvE server with its PvP zones being limited on like 3 maps, the Early Access program gives two servers in european english speaking, Fury and Wildsoul, the first being the most voted one by all of the omfgleetpropwnage kids, mercanery guilds and shit, leaving the second one the reasonable enough option, also choice of more mature like playerbase.

There has been solid discussion on our more private forums discussing the merits of pvp or pve servers in conan.
Long story short, a lot of people are more seriously considering going pve in conan, and it's been mentioned that once people experience it almost no one will play on pvp servers.
Silra - Draenei Shaman
Skwittle - Gnome Warrior
bellator > TROLL (1553) > 16/05/08 19:58
I'll be giving this a casual go. Lots of TH people playing it. They have a forum here:-

http://www.vargh.net/aoc/forum/index.php

Going for Pve-Dagon most likely
supr > "I TRIED MY BEST" (219) > 16/05/08 20:02
Seems the russians are goin to wildsoul. Think im gunna go Fury instead Razz
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!
Fifty > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (824) > 16/05/08 20:10
Well it is a PvP game Skwittle altho i can't understand what have people experienced, as i was ganked less in AoC then in Westfall leveling WoW probably, and the game itself unlocked after 20th level for such a short peroiod that noone bothered doing anything else then PvPing when the change was done. Altho you might be right as much as i think i am ofcourse.

Anyhow, i was wondering where you got that info Tyra? The official forums stated Fury as the overwhealmingly most booked server in the EU.
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 17/05/08 01:29
Fifty wrote:
Well it is a PvP game Skwittle altho i can't understand what have people experienced, as i was ganked less in AoC then in Westfall leveling WoW probably, and the game itself unlocked after 20th level for such a short peroiod that noone bothered doing anything else then PvPing when the change was done. Altho you might be right as much as i think i am ofcourse.

Just going to quote some parts of my post on our private forums.

Up to the point when I quit the beta, AoC PvP was a mess. You had level 55+ people corpse-camping spawn spots (no you can't res at your corpse in AoC) in the initial newbie area 24/7 making it virtually impossible to play (you get a short loading screen each time you have to spawn), not to mention the fact that you could attack people when speaking to questgivers (the screen has a special dialogue mode Neverwinter nights style, so you can't really react at all unless you exit dialogue, which was not possible at that point).

In addition to this class balance was really bad but I'm not even going to go there because that is something not that important in the beginning and can be fixed in due time. The most important thing to consider (that really distinguishes WoW from AoC PvP) is the fact that WoW had faction based PvP, while "protecting" newbies by marking the starting areas as non-contested zones, right off the bat, on release. Until the point where I played on the beta, Tortage had no rules whatsoever on the PvP server, spawn points were a mess and I do hope they took our suggestions into consideration. The real-selling point of AoC, was supposed to be Guild based PvP and if you want to do this in an organized way (aka siege combat, keeps, minigames etc) it ultimately won't matter if you are on a PvE server because you will have that option anyway (and again to the best of my knowledge, the Borderlands plus siege combat/keeps were scheduled for a content patch AFTER the release - we never tested any of those in the beta, other than CTF/DM arena style minigames). At any point, PvP will be initially good and exciting, as people struggle to get levels, then the first few retard grievers will appear and if its going to be like DaOC, it's going to get really ugly, really soon. We've seen it before, on other games, on so many levels. If AoC is going to be a success, PvP wise, then the devs will be required to get their heads out of their collective...behinds and implement the keeps properly, while optimizing latency/balancing for a smooth and competitive experience. World PvP is great but it eventually gets old and at the end of the day, it won't be the feature that will keep people hooked. Competitive/Proper balanced PvP that rewards the smart and skilled player will though. Personally I hope it succeeds because the WoW monopoly has to stop at some point.
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
Lyyk > Frequenter (454) > 17/05/08 15:16
[quote="Tristanian"]
Fifty wrote:
bla bla bla bla. Bla bla. Bla. BLA!
wont qoute a wall of text ^^

The camping is still possible but the overall balance of classes is tuned, some classes still suck 1v1however, the questgiver camping is still possible alot of ppl doesn't know that esc breakes the dialouge, but the biggest problem is that u get rewarded for killing lowbies even tho u might even gain 1ish pvp xp is feasable to camp a newbie zone where get maybe 30-40 zoneins / min.
Tristanian > LOOT FTW LIKES ME (528) > 17/05/08 15:43
[quote="Lyyk"]
Tristanian wrote:
Fifty wrote:
bla bla bla bla. Bla bla. Bla. BLA!
wont qoute a wall of text ^^

The camping is still possible but the overall balance of classes is tuned, some classes still suck 1v1however, the questgiver camping is still possible alot of ppl doesn't know that esc breakes the dialouge, but the biggest problem is that u get rewarded for killing lowbies even tho u might even gain 1ish pvp xp is feasable to camp a newbie zone where get maybe 30-40 zoneins / min.

Lyyk did they fix that temple in Stygia ? Very Happy
If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely...
Lyyk > Frequenter (454) > 17/05/08 18:25
Yeah, looks like a harem now, if it's the pyramid u mean and not the black castle haven't been there

Last edited by Lyyk on 17/05/08 19:36; edited 1 time in total
Silra > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (852) > 17/05/08 18:43
Anyway, on our private forums someone's picked Dagon for PvE, and someone else picked Wildsoul for PvP. I suggest you stick to those if you want to play together, regardless of preference over server type.
Silra - Draenei Shaman
Skwittle - Gnome Warrior
Fifty > LESS THAN 250 TO GO! (824) > 18/05/08 01:29
Shame really, if all Tristanian said was true, but a lot of patching done lately set a lot of things straight aswell like Lyyk said, nonetheless i will be rolling on PvP to begin with, also thanks for the heads up Skwittle but someone else was faster Smile
Mardukh > Peon (7) > 10/07/08 19:02
HI LOL! Smile

AoC wasn't fun at all, stopped playing after a few weeks. Guess Ill wait till they fix the game and see if it gets better.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: